Downloading caches one at a time

camnpete

All of a sudden I cannot download geocaches from my iMac to my 62S, one at a time. Up until now, I could click on the "Send to my GPS" button on the geocaching.com cache-description page , and all of the geocache information would go to my 62S. Now I (still) get a message that the cache has been successfully saved, but when I check on the 62S it isn't there. I used to have this problem once in a while, but now it's happening 100% of the time. HELP! Thanks.

All of a sudden I cannot download geocaches from my iMac to my 62S, one at a time. Up until now, I could click on the "Send to my GPS" button on the geocaching.com cache-description page , and all of the geocache information would go to my 62S. Now I (still) get a message that the cache has been successfully saved, but when I check on the 62S it isn't there. I used to have this problem once in a while, but now it's happening 100% of the time. HELP! Thanks.

Have you tried updating your Garmin online at Garmin site? If not, try that. That said, now and again the same thing happens to my 62s. Now, I check it before going out the door to make sure it's there. If any of them are missing, I go back and do it again. The funny thing is, when I put one in again, it says it's already there and do I want to overwrite it. I say YES then it shows. I have talked to others who have the same unit and it happens to them once in a while too.......however, not all the time.

There has been discussion that version 4.X of the Mac version of the communicator plugin has a bug that renders it useless. Most users have choosen to use version 3.X of the plugin with success. My recollection is that there is a beta version of 4.X that is useable with a Mac. If I had a Mac I would use 3.X.

Have you tried updating your Garmin online at Garmin site? If not, try that. That said, now and again the same thing happens to my 62s. Now, I check it before going out the door to make sure it's there. If any of them are missing, I go back and do it again. The funny thing is, when I put one in again, it says it's already there and do I want to overwrite it. I say YES then it shows. I have talked to others who have the same unit and it happens to them once in a while too.......however, not all the time.

There has been discussion that version 4.X of the Mac version of the communicator plugin has a bug that renders it useless. Most users have choosen to use version 3.X of the plugin with success. My recollection is that there is a beta version of 4.X that is useable with a Mac. If I had a Mac I would use 3.X.

Hi Chuck4564,

Thanks for your suggestion about going back to Garmin Communicator 3.X. As it turns out, I just updated from 3.X to 4.X and that's when I began having this problem, so I suspect that is the culprit. Editorial comment...how the hell can Garmin release software that is "useless"? Do they not have anyone who tests the software before it's released? There, I feel better now. One last question...I can't figure out how to get rid of 4.X and return to 3.X. I looked on the Garmin website but didn't see an option for that. And now their website is down for maintenance. Can you please tell me how to get back to 3.X. Thanks!

Hi CissyPSP,

Yes, I've had that same problem. There's nothing like getting out in the field to search for a bunch of caches and finding that few, if any, of them are on your widget. I now load them twice (and get the same message you mention) and then double check that all of the caches I downloaded are actually on my GPS. Real user friendly. Pete

Hi Chuck4564,

Thanks for your suggestion about going back to Garmin Communicator 3.X. As it turns out, I just updated from 3.X to 4.X and that's when I began having this problem, so I suspect that is the culprit. Editorial comment...how the hell can Garmin release software that is "useless"? Do they not have anyone who tests the software before it's released? There, I feel better now. One last question...I can't figure out how to get rid of 4.X and return to 3.X. I looked on the Garmin website but didn't see an option for that. And now their website is down for maintenance. Can you please tell me how to get back to 3.X. Thanks!

In Firefox 12.0, Tools, Options, Manage Add-ons, Plug-ins, Disable Garmin Communicator Plugin 4.0....at least I think that is the way to do it. I haven't done it myself. I don't have a clue what the resolution path might be in Safari. Good luck.

Hi Chuck4564,

In Firefox 12.0, Tools, Options, Manage Add-ons, Plug-ins, Disable Garmin Communicator Plugin 4.0....at least I think that is the way to do it. I haven't done it myself. I don't have a clue what the resolution path might be in Safari. Good luck.

Hi Chuck4564, I was able to get rid of the 4.X version using the "Finder" on the iMac. And not surprisingly, that solved my problem! Thanks for all your help. Pete