American in Frankfurt

Hey there! My husband and I will be visiting Frankfurt this weekend and we would like some geocache suggestions. WE usually just find the ones closest to where ever we are staying but if you know of any cool or unique caches we would love to hear about them! Thanks in advance! :anibad:

Hey there! My husband and I will be visiting Frankfurt this weekend and we would like some geocache suggestions. WE usually just find the ones closest to where ever we are staying but if you know of any cool or unique caches we would love to hear about them! Thanks in advance! :anibad:

If you're flying in, make sure to "find" the virtual cache in the airport.

Thanks! I will be flying in this summer, and had totally missed it! I'll have to pick it up when I depart - I have 5+ hours of driving once I land.

Thanks! I will be flying in this summer, and had totally missed it! I'll have to pick it up when I depart - I have 5+ hours of driving once I land.

I got it when I had about a two hour layover in Frankfurt a couple of years ago and as it turned out my arrival gate was pretty close to the virt location. I also got caches in France and Spain that trip. In a few weeks I'll be flying into Zurich, where as it turns out, there is a webcam cache and I have a 22 hour layover so I ought to be able to find some other caches as well.

it is always great to cache when you travel,

I found a few in Germany too, both in the north and south parts.

I did find alot of them are only written in German and the hints too,

for the most of them it did not give me any big problems, since I do understand the most basic and simple words in german,

but some more cryptic and cool hides, we simply could not figure out the hints,

so they ended up as DNF after alot of hard and long searching.

our find vs dnf score is alot lower on trips to non english locations simply due to no english hints,

so if possible prepare well.

a few times we stopped mugglers on the streets asking them to translate hints for us,

this is very funny and usefull, but offcourse choose your mugglers with care, and dont reveal the hide out.

I was going to make some recommendations, but it looks like pretty much every cache we found in downtown Frankfurt has been archived. Has it really been that long?

OK, so they're not all gone. If you're into TB hotels, there are two pretty active ones near the airport, GCR6T0 and GCN318. Also, when you're over by GCN318, you can start on two good multis that will take you around the airport area, GC177C and GCVBX8.