[Help Needed Please Read] Need An Adoption!

JimGin25

Hello! My name is James (the Jim in the JimGin25.)

Recently, my fiance (The Gin in the JimGin25), traveled to the USA on a Canadian Venture trip. We recently found two travel bugs on our way to a bowling outing one night a few weeks ago. She brought these travel bugs with her on her trip to the US, as both their goals were to "travel the world." Unfortunately, she could not find a suitable cache to place them in nearby the location she was staying at.

We have run into a problem: she actually made her own cache and placed it in a specific wooded area. We did not realize but there is a cache 80 feet away from it. This is what is prolonging us being able to post and register this newly created cache with the travel bugs in it.

Im not even sure if this is in the right area of the forums, but we now need some serious help. We are looking for someone close to our cache to adopt it, or essentially merge the contents of ours into theirs.

The cache is located close to a Wal Mart, near a storm drain and a pile of rocks... Pennsylvania, Etters, nearest address was 1366 Old Trail Road. Once someone posts them emails me, I will send them the exact co-ordinates of the cache, as we can go from there.

I am calling all local cachers in this general area to help a few Canadian cachers out on this one. I have limited internet connectivity but will check back as soon as I can and post as often as I can as well.

Thank you! Comments, concerns, and questions are welcome as it is the only way we will be able to sort this out.

Hello! My name is James (the Jim in the JimGin25.)

Recently, my fiance (The Gin in the JimGin25), traveled to the USA on a Canadian Venture trip. We recently found two travel bugs on our way to a bowling outing one night a few weeks ago. She brought these travel bugs with her on her trip to the US, as both their goals were to "travel the world." Unfortunately, she could not find a suitable cache to place them in nearby the location she was staying at.

We have run into a problem: she actually made her own cache and placed it in a specific wooded area. We did not realize but there is a cache 80 feet away from it. This is what is prolonging us being able to post and register this newly created cache with the travel bugs in it.

Im not even sure if this is in the right area of the forums, but we now need some serious help. We are looking for someone close to our cache to adopt it, or essentially merge the contents of ours into theirs.

The cache is located close to a Wal Mart, near a storm drain and a pile of rocks... Pennsylvania, Etters, nearest address was 1366 Old Trail Road. Once someone posts them emails me, I will send them the exact co-ordinates of the cache, as we can go from there.

I am calling all local cachers in this general area to help a few Canadian cachers out on this one. I have limited internet connectivity but will check back as soon as I can and post as often as I can as well.

Thank you! Comments, concerns, and questions are welcome as it is the only way we will be able to sort this out.

I think this topic needs to be in the U.S. Mid-Atlantic forum which covers Pennsylvania. I'll click the report button so that one of the Mods will see it and move it if necessary

MrsB

Using the coordinates for your cache, search for the nearest caches and contact those cache owners or recent finders, might get more localized help that way.

Thank you for moving this thread! I didnt think I had the right one...

And yes, I am starting to contact individual cachers within the area. Frusteratingly slow (even with copy and past) but hopefully one person will get back to me.

Using the coordinates for your cache, search for the nearest caches and contact those cache owners or recent finders, might get more localized help that way.

Thank you for moving this thread! I didnt think I had the right one...

And yes, I am starting to contact individual cachers within the area. Frusteratingly slow (even with copy and past) but hopefully one person will get back to me.

Actually, this is one of the deadest boards on the whole forums, event though it would be Geographically correct to post it here.

First of all, I guess I have to be the one the lecture you. :lol: This cache would not have been published even if it was 1 mile from the nearest cache. "Vacation Caches" are not allowed. Someone from Oshawa, Ontario cannot drop a cache in Southern Pennsylvania (sort of near Harrisburg). Did the reviewer tell you that, or did it only get as far as you were 80 feet from another cache?

What Macatac is telling you is you can use the coordinates she obtained in her GPS for the cache, and search for nearby caches on the search page by entering those coordinates. Anyways, I found this "Etters" (appears to be an unincorporated community, just a place name) a mile west of the infamous 3 mile island nuclear power plant. The Wal-Mart must be very new This may or may not be the cache you're too close to, at a park-n-ride lot near the Wal-Mart? GC2QH76 I don't know, try sending an email to the owner of that cache? Even if it's not the right one, it has to be nearby.