First time user... TB stamp - need help.

FrauP

I am the owner of a TB stamp. Used it for the first time. Somebody found my bug and GRABBED it. Am I still the owner now to place it in other logs? Our does he have to DISCOVER the bug officially not grab or take it?

Thank you

Steffi from Germany

My problem is, since it was GRABBED it is not in my inventory anymore. I found another cache, and wanted to log my bug is in there... THE STAMP.... but I cannot anymore... :o((((((

Do I understand the bug stamp thing wrong????????????

I take it that the tag was grabbed VIRTUALLY, you still have it in real-life possession, correct?

If so, just "grab" it back. You are the owner therefore you always have access to the tracking number.

This type of thing happens occasionally, where a personal trackable is grabbed by somebody not understanding the logging process/terminology.

--------------

If the person that "grabbed" it actually has possession of it, that presents a different problem. You would need to contact them and have it physically returned to you.

-------------

For those unaware, the OP refers to this type of item: http://shop.geocaching.com/default/travel-bug-origins-czech-republic.html

I always wondered how stamp bugs could play, because someone can log because they saw the image/imprint somewhere, not the stamp itself. Seems very similar to what happens when a picture with a tracking number gets posted and anyone can virtually log it. We know that can result in a tracking number getting locked, and how is this really any different?

I guess yes, you could grab it back to your inventory, and then put it in your collection. That way the only logs it will receive will be discoveries, not grabs. Doesn't solve the virtual/multiple problem though.

Always visit. That way it stays in your own inventory. If you log it as dropped, the next cacher will expect to see it in the cache.

THANK YOU! That's what I thought as well!!!

Thank you all for the tips!!!

Steffi.