Hint Missing from GPX

Spatial Distortion

I just fired up my E-trex 20 and looked to see if I could see the hints on some recently downloaded caches. They don't show up on this unit unless you are actually navigating to the cache. The hint does not show up if you are simply reviewing the point while not navigating. Hope this helps.

I'll repeat Moun10Bike's question from above: How are you viewing the GPX that you are downloading? Are you seeing this with all caches or just one?

If it's just one, can you post the GC code?

I am experiencing this same issue. I downloaded a pocket query to GPX file. 500 points. I opened this GPX file in latest release of Google Earth. All the points and details show up correctly - EXCEPT the HINT. The hint does not show up for any of the cache's in the file.

I checked the GPX file and <Groundspeak:encoded_hints> is in the file.

I opened this GPX file in latest release of Google Earth. All the points and details show up correctly - EXCEPT the HINT. The hint does not show up for any of the cache's in the file.

That's a problem with the program you're using to view the file, not with the file itself. Apparently Google Earth can't or just won't display the hint. If you try other programs that are designed to work with Geocaching.com GPX files, like MapSource, BaseCamp, VantagePoint, EasyGPS, GSAK, etc., you'll find they show the hint just fine.