Travel Bug Hotels/Jails

GoShaz

Please people when setting up Travel bug Hotels do not stipulate that a certain amount of TB's must be left in the cache at all times. I have a few near me. The same trackables sit and sit. People visit the caches and probably because they don't have a tb to swap it with do not take a tb.

I read recently that TB's use caches to travel. Caches should not use TB's to increase visitors.

What does everyone else think?

Edited by GoShaz

That requirement violates guidelines and the cache would not have been approved if it was in the original posting. Probably was changed afterward. You could drop a note to the reviewer asking if he was aware that this had been added.

In the past when traveling and I see one like that I just clean it out. You coulD do that.

Edited by Walts Hunting

That requirement violates guidelines and the cache would not have been approved if it was in the original posting. Probably was changed afterward. You could drop a note to the reviewer asking if he was aware that this had been added.

In the past when traveling and I see one like that I just clean it out. You coulD do that.

Eh, I don't want to cause any trouble here, but they're still being published all over the place if you do a keyword search for "travel bug hotel", for example. It would be nice to think every reviewer in the world carefully reads the body of every new TB hotel cache page, and gives the CO a hard time, makes them change the wording, and all the CO's are "changing after publication". But that would be a perfect world, and I don't think the world is perfect. :ph34r:

Travel Bug Hotels can be published. What CAN'T be published is a Hotel with "Additional Logging Requirements" like "you must leave a bug to take a bug or I'll delete your log." There's a grey area when CO's change the ALR to an "Optional suggestion."

Please people when setting up Travel bug Hotels do not stipulate that a certain amount of TB's must be left in the cache at all times. I have a few near me. The same trackables sit and sit. People visit the caches and probably because they don't have a tb to swap it with do not take a tb.

Have you verified the trackables are still in the cache? Just because the TB shows in the cache, that doesn't mean it's still there. Some trackables never got logged out and can show in those caches for years. If they are still there and you can help them move, feel free to grab all you want and take them to new caches.

I read recently that TB's use caches to travel. Caches should not use TB's to increase visitors.

What does everyone else think?

Feel free to ignore any trade requirements. Cache owner wants to complain that you moved my bug without their permission? Send them this way.