Can c:geo function with Sygic Aura offline maps?

Hello,

I recently downloaded c:geo on my phone and loaded it with some nearby caches. My problem is: when I try to NAVIGATE TO one of the caches, it opens up Google Maps and tells me that navigation is not possible for my location (I live in Slovenia). Besides, I'd like to use navigation in offline mode.

I managed to download offline maps for Stygic Aura, by which the navigation per se works great (if I type in coordinates and so on), but I don't know how can I make it work with c:geo.? I mean -that it would change to Aura maps instead of Google and navigate me to the cache location. Is it even possible?

I read c:geo could work with OSM maps offline, but I don't know where can I download offline maps for it nor how to install them :/

Does anyone know perhaps?

Thank you,

V

Sincere that app is not authorized by the froggie this topic might not be open long enough for an answer

someone on this forum even recommended me the c:geo application when I was looking for free geocaching apps :/ I contributed to the website already by purchasing the premium membership. I didn't know this website has a grudge against free apps. Well, I hope I get a helpful reply before they take it down :(

Not against free apps just this one because it violates the terms of service that everyone else adhered to

I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me. But then again, if I switch to the official Groundspeak app (i think it's around 7 euros?), can I use offline maps with it? Because if it's only compatible with google maps, then I rather not complicate things more for me. Yesterday I finally got OSM maps to work on my phone and so now c:geo DOES switch to that app and navigates me to the cache (sort of - it seems pretty inaccurate for now). That Stygic Aura seems better, so if it's supported by Groundspeak, it would of course be great and well worth the purchase.

Or does Groundspeak have their own free offline maps? just asking :)

best regards

Edited by Vanilija

I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me. But then again, if I switch to the official Groundspeak app (i think it's around 7 euros?), can I use offline maps with it? Because if it's only compatible with google maps, then I rather not complicate things more for me. Yesterday I finally got OSM maps to work on my phone and so now c:geo DOES switch to that app and navigates me to the cache (sort of - it seems pretty inaccurate for now). That Stygic Aura seems better, so if it's supported by Groundspeak, it would of course be great and well worth the purchase.

Or does Groundspeak have their own free offline maps? just asking :)

best regards

It is an ongoing myth that the program violates the ToU. While many still hold on to it, it does not. It is, however true, that there is bad blood between GS and the programs authors and it is bad from discussing it on these forums.

Having said that, you would probably get a better answer from the C:GEO support forums or the Facebook page anyway. I am doubtful since looking at this program and all it does, I would have thought someone would have jump on it and your answer would be out there already. Having said that, I am going to see if the program is compatible with my DROID 3 and, since I have both programs in question, will see if it works. Doesn't look like I'l regret owning Stygic Aura either way if it truly does work and has the listed features for the US side of the pond.

Moderator's note. it's not just "bad blood", or a myth - one of the three cofounders of Groundspeak has been on the record that c:geo violates the TOU.

That said, this question is so surely specific to a third party application that it's best asked/answered in that product's primary suppor venue, so I'm closing it here. Please direct all subsequent traffic to whereever it it that c:geo's support dudes hang out.