Merge Images together

akkatracker

Not exactly sure what you are trying to do....

The QR codes that you have... are they on the computer (a FILE) or are they on a piece of paper?

What are you trying to do with the QR codes? Are you creating a totally new QR code by scanning parts of other codes? Does scanning 'parts' of QR codes even work with the code readers?

The QR codes that you have... are they on the computer (a FILE) or are they on a piece of paper?

What are you trying to do with the QR codes? Are you creating a totally new QR code by scanning parts of other codes? Does scanning 'parts' of QR codes even work with the code readers?

Sorry if I wasn't clear, Here is a piece One Piece

I have about 35 more to join to make a QR Code which I scan

Thanks

Thanks

Id cut out the pieces - join the together (via scotch tape) and scan the resulting image into a program for some cleanup. Then scan for the QR info.

What I would do anyway.....

Thanks

Looks to me like a job for a pair of scissors and a bribe for the kids.

But as Huntleigh suggests, scissors and kids for the win :)

The thing is, though, that you'd have to be really careful to have all the edges line up nearly perfectly for the scanner to read it. If a couple of pieces are slightly mis-aligned, it might not be able to read it. I'm not so sure the kids will be careful enough, especially considering the pieces have curved edges.

Thanks

No problems! If your completed QR code (to complete the puzzle) is in a file format.... then you'll want to use software (like Photoshop) to break it down into pieces & separate files. Or, use scissors & scan it or take a picture of it. But ultimately...you'll need/want it into some sort of file/jpeg format to put in your cache listing??

What's your ultimate goal to this puzzle? I doubt any of the QR code Apps will read a 'partial/piece' of a QR code. Barcoding usually requires the 'full' item in order to trigger (so to speak) the ability to read it (hard to explain) - but I honestly don't know for sure.

So.... Are the partial pieces listed on the websites of multiple caches where they can figure it out ahead of time... ?? Or are the parts pieces inside cache containers? Which might require them to take photos and put the pieces together at home? (sorry, brainstorming)

Thanks

No problems! If your completed QR code (to complete the puzzle) is in a file format.... then you'll want to use software (like Photoshop) to break it down into pieces & separate files. Or, use scissors & scan it or take a picture of it. But ultimately...you'll need/want it into some sort of file/jpeg format to put in your cache listing??

What's your ultimate goal to this puzzle? I doubt any of the QR code Apps will read a 'partial/piece' of a QR code. Barcoding usually requires the 'full' item in order to trigger (so to speak) the ability to read it (hard to explain) - but I honestly don't know for sure.

So.... Are the partial pieces listed on the websites of multiple caches where they can figure it out ahead of time... ?? Or are the parts pieces inside cache containers? Which might require them to take photos and put the pieces together at home? (sorry, brainstorming)

Sorry if I'm not that clear. All the pieces are hosted on different websites such as the one listed. I need to "merge" them together and scan it with tablet/phone/reader.

Hope this heelps

I'd probably use Gimp to copy-paste the pieces together electronically.
So using GIMP how would I do it
I'd open all the pieces in separate windows, and then create a large blank image in an additional window. Then one by one, I'd select the irregular shape of each piece, copy it, and paste it into the large blank image, fitting the pieces together.
I'd probably use Gimp to copy-paste the pieces together electronically.
So using GIMP how would I do it
I'd open all the pieces in separate windows, and then create a large blank image in an additional window. Then one by one, I'd select the irregular shape of each piece, copy it, and paste it into the large blank image, fitting the pieces together.

Thanks alot :D

Will give it a shot and if i have a problem i will post

But as Huntleigh suggests, scissors and kids for the win :)

The thing is, though, that you'd have to be really careful to have all the edges line up nearly perfectly for the scanner to read it. If a couple of pieces are slightly mis-aligned, it might not be able to read it. I'm not so sure the kids will be careful enough, especially considering the pieces have curved edges.

No, YOU would actually assemble it. Let the kids figure out where the pieces go. They are good at that. Plus it involves them directly in the find :)