Etiquette Cards

If you wanted to post your version of etiquette tips on your cache pages or containers or profile or website, that is fine. To be honest, not sure I would welcome "etiquette" cards as personal swag, unless it was done in a sarcastic funny sort of way. Perhaps you can do something of that ilk.

If you wanted to post your version of etiquette tips on your cache pages or containers or profile or website, that is fine. To be honest, not sure I would welcome "etiquette" cards as personal swag, unless it was done in a sarcastic funny sort of way.

I'm assuming the OP meant for their own containers, since personal swag generally isn't taped to the lid or log bag of caches.

If someone doesn't already know the etiquette, they're not going to learn it from a card in a cache.

Edited by Ambient_Skater

I think "Put the container back where you found it" is an important part of geocaching etiquette.

FWIW, here is the text from the cache notes that I print. I'm considering editing them to be more concise, and possibly to mention trackables.

Congratulations! You found an official geocache!

Geocaching is a high-tech scavenger hunt using GPS. This container is a part of that game. The basic rules are:

1. If you take something, then leave something.
  2. Sign the log.
  3. Put the container back where you found it.

Please re-seal the container carefully so it remains weatherproof. Do not leave anything edible, dangerous, or illegal. If you take something, please leave something at least as valuable as what you took.

The game is open to everyone. To join us, or to learn more, visit

www.geocaching.com

If this container happens to be on private property and you wish it removed, please let us know. We apologize, and will be happy to move it.