Maps, Maps & Maps

PC Copper

If you are having problems Getting the 'full' set of Google maps and Ordinance Survey map option to work 'together' try the following.

In Firefox; Tools/Greasemonkey/Manage User Scripts; Disable or remove the original Google Maps script and disable the Ordinance Survey script. Install the link from 'Shanghai Joe' (for the full google maps) then install or 're-enable' the Ordnance Survey script from 'The Frosties'.

Restart Firefox and all should be available.

They all work for me using Firefox_v9.0.1

Right, tonight I was looking to plan some caches for tomorrow. The maps I see are just about workable but the OS map would be nice as it would match that on my GPS. Aside from what the map looks like, there seem to be two things which would be just about essential. One is a scale so that depending on the zoom chosen, I could estimate the distance to walk from one cache to another from the scale which used to be in the lower left corner but which is no longer shown. Secondly, if you toggle the side panel out of the way to use the whole screen, the plus/minus zoom disappears so you are stuck with the zoom you have and to get around that you have to toggle the side panel back in, zoom and then toggle the panel back out again. This must be a bug. Finally, the satellite option just gives a white screen with the caches superimposed on it - useless. Not impressed.