Multiple Owners on a Cache

akkatracker

You can put multiple names as owners, but you need a dedicated email/contact for any NM, NA, or questions to go to. The other owners can watch the listing. You don't really want multiple people editing a listing. That's how I do it. Works fine.

If you look, all my caches are like that- also many people do not get credit for awesome caches :)

You can put multiple names as owners, but you need a dedicated email/contact for any NM, NA, or questions to go to. The other owners can watch the listing. You don't really want multiple people editing a listing. That's how I do it. Works fine.

If you look, all my caches are like that- also many people do not get credit for awesome caches :)

Create a separate 'account' and use a gmail account (also created separately).

Give the login & password information to you & your friends.

Setup the gmail account to forward emails to you (both of you).

Both you & your friends will have access to the caches AND have access to the gmail account.

Just make sure...your friends are worthy enough to manage the accounts accurately, without giving the login information to anyone, or being computer savvy enough not to screw something up.

Create a separate 'account' and use a gmail account (also created separately).

Give the login & password information to you & your friends.

Setup the gmail account to forward emails to you (both of you).

Both you & your friends will have access to the caches AND have access to the gmail account.

Just make sure...your friends are worthy enough to manage the accounts accurately, without giving the login information to anyone, or being computer savvy enough not to screw something up.

But I have multiple friends- Fair comment but Joint ownership would be better

Give them each a pat on the back, and a big "attaboy". If their name is listed on the cache page, they got credit. If it's really important, you can link to their profiles in the description. Most people will probably not even look at the profile page of the hider, except to contact them.

Give them each a pat on the back, and a big "attaboy". If their name is listed on the cache page, they got credit. If it's really important, you can link to their profiles in the description. Most people will probably not even look at the profile page of the hider, except to contact them.

Sorry to break the news to you but I do :)

I like the idea. While it is not about the numbers for most people others do want hide credit for the caches they help with. I don't think that they should necesasarily be able to edit the xcache but theyt should be able to do maintenance on them. I have a cache that a friend of mine helped me hideand I would line for hime to get the credit for his first. Well that is my 2 cents.

N7MFT

It sounds like a great idea on the surface, but unfortunately it involves humans. Humans who get along fine now, but might have a spat later on.

Having more than one person in control of the cache page is a disaster waiting to happen.

I have a cache that a friend of mine helped me hideand I would line for hime to get the credit for his first. Well that is my 2 cents.

N7MFT

So let him adopt the cache.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol