Car Travel Bug 7"static cling

Hazy57

It gets registered like any other TB. Did you supply the TB number to them or did they supply it? If you supplied the number then you should have the activation code from your copy of the TB tag. If they supplied the tracking number then I would contact them for instructions on how to activate it.

Quick question about TB cling for car what is the point of it? How do I log it at places and do other people who see it log seeing it?

You can log it as "visited" caches you have been to.

Others log it as "discovered" (when they capture the #).

Just as with any other trackable.

The true point of a cling TB on a vehicle, is to let other geocachers know you are a geocacher, whether they log it or not.

I recently purchased a Static Cling car travel Bug for my car. I had it made with a specific number from Cache Advance,Inc

How do I register a car bug and where do I get an activation code?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hazy57

I don't believe you can just make up a tracking number and put on the Static Cling car travel Bug that Cache Advance, inc sells.

The Vehicle Travel Bug -Special Order that I saw on their site states: "Special Order Decals for existing/owned TBs!"

That means you already have a TB and you are transferring that tracking number onto the static cling.

I recently purchased a Static Cling car travel Bug for my car. I had it made with a specific number from Cache Advance,Inc

How do I register a car bug and where do I get an activation code?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hazy57

I don't believe you can just make up a tracking number and put on the Static Cling car travel Bug that Cache Advance, inc sells.

The Vehicle Travel Bug -Special Order that I saw on their site states: "Special Order Decals for existing/owned TBs!"

That means you already have a TB and you are transferring that tracking number onto the static cling.

Here's a quote from their site:

"This Static Cling Vehicle TB consists of a one 7.5" X 4" clear Cling with the TB image and tracking numbers in white, and a copy tag Travel Bug ready for activation."

So the OP should have gotten a copy tag with their cling tag and instructions for activation.

Generally, the activation code is included ON the packaging. Sometimes on a little teeny card in the packaging.

You did keep the packaging, did you not?

Many don't, then come here asking how to activate.

If all fails, try this: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=158

Looked through the packaging. i supplied the number for the car bug. Got a letter with the bug..no activation code included.

When I ordered it they aced what number I wanted on the cling. I never gave them or asked about the activation code.

When I contacted the company they sent me to Groundspeak.

No luck yet..

Generally, the activation code is included ON the packaging. Sometimes on a little teeny card in the packaging.

If all fails, try this: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=158

Looked through the packaging. i supplied the number for the car bug. Got a letter with the bug..no activation code included.

When I ordered it they aced what number I wanted on the cling. I never gave them or asked about the activation code.

No luck yet..

Let me get this straight...

You had them MAKE the cling. Not a problem... BUT, you must have a legitimate Travel Bug dogtag set with that number.

If you ordered the cling, just picking a number out of the thin air, you have a useless cling (as far as being a true Travel Bug goes).

You cannot make up a legitimate tracking number of your own.

You must purchase TB tags either from Groundspeak or an authorized dealer. It is their method of properly distributing those tracking numbers. Besides, it is a way to pay for their services -- website, tracking abilities, and the like.

Now, on the other hand, if you did supply them with a proper tracking number, then you activate that cling with the activation code that you received with those TB tags.

No luck yet..

If you gave Cache Advance, Inc a tracking number to put on the cling, you should have already had the activation code.

If you made up your own tracking code to put on the static cling, it is not a tracking code and you can not activate it.

As I stated before: