Enter Next Stage

I am having an issue with my Dakota 10, if out in the field and want to enter the next stage to a geocache ie. once youv'e solved a multi cache using the "Enter Next Stage" function the unit just route to the original co'ordinates, or come up with route calculation errors.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I know that a workaround is to route to directly to the new coordinates and then go back and mark the cache as found for the field notes.

Edited by Misty and Minou

I have an Oregon, but I think the interface is similar. When using the geocaching dashboard on the map screen I get routed to the closest cache instead of the final coords as you mentioned. If I go to the compass page instead where I don't use a dashboard, it will point me in the correct direction. So I use the map screen most of the time, but switch to the compass screen when I need to travel to different coords

I have an Oregon, but I think the interface is similar. When using the geocaching dashboard on the map screen I get routed to the closest cache instead of the final coords as you mentioned. If I go to the compass page instead where I don't use a dashboard, it will point me in the correct direction. So I use the map screen most of the time, but switch to the compass screen when I need to travel to different coords

Yep, that's the fix. I've been using two profiles on my Oregon to overcome that obstacle.

The next stage feature uses one of the geocache slots. If you have filled your unit up with caches, the next stage feature will not work. Now I load 4950 caches leaving 50 slots free on my 550 for this and other impromptu GPX downloads and it works fine.

Ahh the penny drops, I've been loading the Dakota with the full 2000 caches, that explains what's going wrong.

Thanks for the other options as well