Just out of curiosity ...

gajinoz

I've just hidden my first cache and now I'm waiting for it to be reviewed and published. The first one is exciting stuff! :)

Anyway, just out of curiosity, is there some sort of vaguely average time it takes to get caches reviewed? I'm not in any giant hurry, only hid it yesterday, but I was just wondering.

I've just hidden my first cache and now I'm waiting for it to be reviewed and published. The first one is exciting stuff! :)

Anyway, just out of curiosity, is there some sort of vaguely average time it takes to get caches reviewed? I'm not in any giant hurry, only hid it yesterday, but I was just wondering.

The range is a few minutes to 72 hrs. Highly dependent on the phase of the moon, number of chickens sacrificed and your reviewers schedule. The section of Knowledge book explains it in detail.

Good reading... you should try it: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=81

72-hours is the target time. Usually much faster. Rarely longer, but it can happen. Occasionally there are "issues" that may cause delay or more work for you to do. Be sure that all your i's are dotted and t's crossed.

Be sure also, to check to see if there is a message from the reviewer (it would be in log form, on the cache page).

Exciting news, my cache got published yesterday. Unfortunately I may have to wait a while for somebody to find it as I'm in a rural area but, I'm telling myself that waiting is half the fun! :)

Hmmm... only 10,142.2 miles from home. FTF trip! Oh, wait, it's been found. :surprise:

Congratulations! Your first hide looks like a good one!

Exciting news, my cache got published yesterday. Unfortunately I may have to wait a while for somebody to find it as I'm in a rural area but, I'm telling myself that waiting is half the fun! :)

Hmmm... only 10,142.2 miles from home. FTF trip! Oh, wait, it's been found. :surprise:

Congratulations! Your first hide looks like a good one!

What's a mere 10,000 miles between friends. :)

C'mon over, I'll shout you a beer at my pub.