Time for pocket queries to appear in my email?

RandomPhoto

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had a good idea of how long it takes for a pocket query after you run one to be emailed to you in the .gpx form? I ran one yesterday, and still haven't received it in either email address I've setup on Geocaching.com. Re-ran it this morning, and it's still not in my inbox.

When I converted my free membership to a premium yesterday, I received the confirmation emails immediately, and am recieving the Groundspeak newsletter and notifications on my trackables with no problems, so I'm wondering what the deal is with the queries I've ran. Any ideas?

Thanks very much in advance - I still consider myself somewhat of a 'newb', especially since I've just became a premium member, but have found 50 caches so far!

Mine show up pretty quickly. Some folks have had them show up in their spam folder. You may want to check that.

Also, as you may already know, if you request over 500 caches in your PQ, then you will only get a notification that the PQ has run and you must download it yourself. The .gpx file will only be emailed to you if you have requested 500 caches or fewer.

Mine show up pretty quickly. Some folks have had them show up in their spam folder. You may want to check that.

Also, as you may already know, if you request over 500 caches in your PQ, then you will only get a notification that the PQ has run and you must download it yourself. The .gpx file will only be emailed to you if you have requested 500 caches or fewer.

Thanks VERY much for the reply! I didn't realize that about the 500 number, so I re-ran it limiting it to the 500. Still haven't received the .gpx file, or the link to the first query yet. Kind of odd - I figured it would be here by now, and I'm anxious to load it into my Oregon 300 and go hunting. I've checked my junk folder also (I'm a Mac guy), and it's not showing up in there either. The Garmin devices seem to give precedence to their files downloaded from Opencaching.com (Garmin's site), of course, but I would rather delete those and use the ones from GC.com! Especially since there's tons more around my area.

I guess I'll just have to wait for the files to show up....

You can also go to your pocket queries page and find where it says: "Pocket Queries Ready for Download". Double click on the one you want it will give you the option of saving it on your computer plus some other options.

I must be completely stupid...checked the tab for 'ready to download', and there was nothing there. Although my query does show up in the list of queries, but with a strike line through the name. However, I can preview it in the Maps beta, and they're all there..but just still don't have the .gpx file to copy into my Garmin...

I've got to be doing something wrong - just can't figure out what it is!

Did you perhaps choose "run once and then delete"?

I absolutely did just that...figured it wouldn't be good to keep it around there to run unnecessarily. But I guess I shouldn't check that box?

I did run a "my finds" query, and it ran just fine and I already got the email to be able to download it. (which I did).

The problem with "run once then delete" is that deleting a PQ also deletes the associated file download. So you never get a chance to download it off the site. You still get it in the email though (if the PQ was under 500 caches).

Hmm...well, I unchecked that 'run once' box, then re-submitted it. Not showing up yet in the 'ready for downloads' tab, nor did I ever receive the original email from the one ran yesterday, in either of the mailboxes I setup.

Kind of odd...but thank you very much for the assistance - I didn't realize that.

Have you ticked any days of the week? If you're wanting it to run today, you'd have to tick Tuesday. If you only want it to run once, select the option "Uncheck the day of the week after the query runs". If you don't select any days, you're basically telling it "Here's all my criteria, but don't ever run it".

You obviously have some issues with your email delivery. PQ emails arrive reliably on my gmail account. Try sending them to a different email address, if you have one.

Here's some more clues to help shed some light onto what's happening:

Each distinct PQ can run only once per day (more precisely: once in a 24h period). If you have one that already ran today and activate it again for today, it won't run. To re-run a PQ, you need to make a copy of it (there's a button in the list).

You can run a max of 5 PQs per day.

The right-most column in the list will be updated whenever the PQ actually ran. If you activate a new PQ for today and then keep reloading the page, that time stamp will eventually update. At this point, the PQ did run and should be available in the download tab.

Also note that the list of files in the download tab doesn't update on its own. You need to reload the page to get an updated view.

Nobody has said it yet, so...

Are you sure that you set the day of the week for it to run, AND you aren't simply looking at the preview?

Many times the question has been posed here, and this has been the answer.

Whatever the case, it's almost bound to be something simple. Once figured out, one never forgets. :)

Pocket Queries are pretty darned easy once you stumble a time or two.

Have you ticked any days of the week? If you're wanting it to run today, you'd have to tick Tuesday. If you only want it to run once, select the option "Uncheck the day of the week after the query runs". If you don't select any days, you're basically telling it "Here's all my criteria, but don't ever run it".

Yes, I had Tuesday selected for today, but still wasn't working.

Soooo, I deleted the original query, and created a new one, set to run today. The goofy thing ran and worked perfectly, I downloaded the file and copied it over to my Oregon, and they're all in there just as pretty as you please. Pretty odd, not sure what happened with the original one, but I just now received the email about the new one I created today, so it appears that all is working well now! Whoohoo!!

Thanks again everyone for your awesome help - you guys ROCK!

Yes, I had Tuesday selected for today, but still wasn't working.

Soooo, I deleted the original query, and created a new one, set to run today. The goofy thing ran and worked perfectly, I downloaded the file and copied it over to my Oregon, and they're all in there just as pretty as you please. Pretty odd, not sure what happened with the original one, but I just now received the email about the new one I created today, so it appears that all is working well now! Whoohoo!!

Thanks again everyone for your awesome help - you guys ROCK!

It's probably because the site considered it as deleted, so any subsequent runs didn't actually run.

Glad you got it working!