PQ question.

Davequal

I have a little time to play with this.

Next weekend I am going to RI. I am driving my mother there for an activity of her own. Of course I am going to do some caching to kill the time while waiting. I know right where I am going.I also know that there are 18 caches with in the area I am going to be.

I how ever do NOT want to load 18 caches one at a time. I am spoiled with PQ's.I want to run a PQ of just those 18 specific caches. How would you suggest I go about this? I also realize that in the time it took to type and think this post out I could have loaded these caches.

You see I often go to an area and look before hand to see what is available. So I will be doing this more than one time.

The advantage to PQ's is that you can load 1000 caches at a time with one file.

If it were me I would use one of the caches in the area and load a circle of 30 miles. Then load all the caches into your GPS. So what if you have extra caches in the GPS. You might just be able to find one of the others on your way to the place if mom has to stop for a rest break.

If it were me I would use one of the caches in the area and load a circle of 30 miles. Then load all the caches into your GPS. So what if you have extra caches in the GPS. You might just be able to find one of the others on your way to the place if mom has to stop for a rest break.

The last time mom made the trip it took her 45 minutes to get there. 2 hours and 45 minutes to get home. She missed a vital turn to the highway and ended up driving blindly through the back roads home. Needless to say she freaked out and won't go alone again.

From a cache in the area, click on the Geocaching.com Google map option

On the map page, zoom out/move the map to get the area of the caches, there is an option to create a PQ from the map page.

As a previous poster suggested, I'd select a slightly larger area than you actually want.

You can then selected the various option for the PQ, eg Traditional caches only, or found in the last 7 days etc

Worked PERFECTLY Thank you so much.

On the map page, zoom out/move the map to get the area of the caches, there is an option to create a PQ from the map page.

As a previous poster suggested, I'd select a slightly larger area than you actually want.

You can then selected the various option for the PQ, eg Traditional caches only, or found in the last 7 days etc

This also looks like a viable option. I will keep it in mind for the next time.

That's how I usually do my PQs...just frame the area you're interested in within the map view and you can generate a PQ of all the caches within the frame...simplest and quickest way I've found...