Private Topic feature

Olar

I've done some playing around today with this feature and have it figured out for the most part. I am having a problem however trying to find how to add contacts to the list of private participants after the initial set-up and also how to change the status of other visitors.(read only/no post, no read/no post, etc.) Does anyone know how?

Thanks, Olar

wavey.gif

I haven't tried this new feature myself, but I believe you add contacts via the MyPop pages. If you click on the MyPop text link at the top of the screen, there is a tab on that page for contacts. See if that will add the contacts you need. Let me know what you find out.

Thanks!

-Elias

I think Elias has it right. Once in MyPop it gives you a chance to update your contacts, then add or remove them from the private topic (I think). Give it a try.

I added your name to my contacts, and started a private forum for testing. See if you can join, and please leave a message there.

I'd also be curious if you received some sort of "invitation" to join, since it asks for contacts to "invite" to join the forum.

You're right, Olar. Once a topic is started it looks like those items can't be changed. You have to start a new topic to get those options.

Too bad, I was thinking of using a Private Topic as part of a cache.

If you find out how to do it please post it here.

[This message was edited by geospotter on May 20, 2002 at 01:58 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Elias:

I haven't tried this new feature myself, but I believe you add contacts via the MyPop pages. If you click on the MyPop text link at the top of the screen, there is a tab on that page for contacts. See if that will add the contacts you need. Let me know what you find out.

Thanks!

-Elias

No problem adding names to my contact list but it will not allow editing or adding of contacts invited as participants in a private topic already set-up.

Olar

wavey.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Olar:

No problem adding names to my contact list but it will not allow editing or adding of contacts invited as participants in a private topic already set-up.

Looks like this is a limitation of the feature in this version. Check out this post from the Infopop Community Forums - Michael Farris is one of the chief architects of Opentopic and it looks like he's confirmed this limitation as well as hinted that a solution will be forthcoming:

http://community.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=729094322&f=051093422&m=6583064305

Seems like the feature was released a little prematurely. icon_wink.gif

-Elias

quote:
Originally posted by Olar:

Looks like this is a limitation of the feature in this version. Check out this post from the Infopop Community Forums - Michael Farris is one of the chief architects of Opentopic and it looks like he's confirmed this limitation as well as hinted that a solution will be forthcoming:

http://community.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=729094322&f=051093422&m=6583064305

Seems like the feature was released a little prematurely. icon_wink.gif

-Elias