Introduction new member

TrekJohnC

I hope your first hunt will be your first find! Remember, just keep looking and if you have to go back a few times, that's okay :) I've gone with my dad and he always finds them first. I don't know how he does it because it's not like he does this more than me. I went with a friend looking for a micro cache. We looked for ages and couldn't find the silly thing. I got uptight and found a picture someone had posted of it. Then I knew exactly where it was, even though I had gone over that area and didn't find anything before. Yep, I found it. So don't give up! And sometimes, if you can't find it, it's because it's not there ;)

Good luck!

My family and I just started yesterday. With the help of some friends we found two caches. My hubby (and our 10 year old) and my friends hubby and his father found a third one.

We are excited to go out and look for more. This is such a great activity to do as a family. My kids are also Scouts and they earn badges for geocaching.

We still have to look for our first cache on our own though. Wish us luck. Hopefully the rain will let up by this weekend and we can go look for more on our own.

Oh we are in the Fayetteville, NC.

Welcome and good luck!

Santa left a Garmin Etrex H under my Christmas tree! I can't wait to harness up the hounds and go for a hike!

I tried finding a geocache nearby my house, found the location but couldn't find the cache. A lot of leaves may have covered

it over and the wind and cold were certainly an unwelcome companion. But at least I"m on the right track...Literally!

Hi,

I just joined and am am going on my first find tomorrow. I live in St Charles, IL near Chicago.

:)

TrekJohnC

Don't assume too much...you're going on your first HUNT, it remains to be seen if it'll be your first find :)

Hmmmmmm - I'm BRAND NEW at this too and I went today with my 4 girls and we didn't find it (we got N coordinates and then W coordinates but not together) so Hunting and Finding are like Fishing and Catching - no one got frustrated, everyone had a turn at tracking with the GPS I got for Christmas, and the best part................. they want to go back tomorrow and try the other two paths that we didn't explore :)

Could someone help me?

I would like to log a find on the Geocaching page, but can't figure out how to do it?

Seems simple enough, but.... :/

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Look in the Navigation section of the cache page (near the top right corner).

Click the Log your visit option and choose Found it as the Type Of Log.

Remember to roll back the found date if you are logging the next day or later.

Write something interesting about your experience. The cache owner will appreciate it.

Could someone help me?

I would like to log a find on the Geocaching page, but can't figure out how to do it?

Seems simple enough, but.... :/

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Look in the Navigation section of the cache page (near the top right corner).

Click the Log your visit option and choose Found it as the Type Of Log.

Remember to roll back the found date if you are logging the next day or later.

Write something interesting about your experience. The cache owner will appreciate it.

I see now...Thank you very much! :D

Wecome, TJC! Here's hoping you'll enjoy this game/sport/fun, whatever you want to call it. I got my start in Chicago and miss being able to cache there. You'll find that any questions you may have are very willingly answered in these forums. Geocachers are some of the most welcoming people you'll ever find.

Welcome to the Caching community.....

I'm kinda new to the "hunt" too, but I've had some fun with the family and my son's friends.

I find myself thinking/looking for cool things that I can use as "Cache Swag" for future hunts. We have our own special day-pack that we use to carry our supplies (gloves, pen light, trashbags, pens, towels, extra batteries, etc) and Cache Swag.

Keith in Renton, WA