Who's watching a cache?

Team Hugs

A new puzzle cache of mine was just published, and I notice that there are a few users who are already watching the cache. Is there a way for me, as the cache owner, to see who is watching the cache? (I tried looking around in the knowledge books, but didn't see anything obviously about the topic.)

I don't have a profound reason or need to know who is watching the cache. I'm just incredibly curious. (Ok, and a bit nosy. :D) So ... if there's no way to do it, and/or there's a good reason for that, no big deal.

Ok. No worries. It's a puzzle cache, so I'm assuming that the watchers will eventually become solvers, then finders, and eventually loggers ... so I'll find out eventually. Like I said ... it's mainly out of curiosity more than anything. It's fun to watch the hunt for the FTF ...

I would take it as a compliment. Some cachers will see an interesting cache get published and will 'watch' the listing to see what the feedback is and whether the FTF's enjoyed it.

Ok. No worries. It's a puzzle cache, so I'm assuming that the watchers will eventually become solvers, then finders, and eventually loggers ... so I'll find out eventually. Like I said ... it's mainly out of curiosity more than anything. It's fun to watch the hunt for the FTF ...

I would take it as a compliment. Some cachers will see an interesting cache get published and will 'watch' the listing to see what the feedback is and whether the FTF's enjoyed it.

You will note that you now have a 6th Watcher because I am now intrigued from circa 5000 miles away. Looks like an interesting puzzle.

Easy puzzle, solved it in like 2 minutes :P

Well done....now go and find it.

I would if it wasn't a 5-hour drive lol

I'd checked the distances before posting, hence my challenge. Back on topic , I have set some Puzzle caches where cachers from several hundred miles away have obviously included them on their notification list simply so they can enjoy doing the puzzle with no real intention of finding the cache. They even sent an e-mail to confirm the answers and thanking me for the puzzle.

You will note that you now have a 6th Watcher because I am now intrigued from circa 5000 miles away. Looks like an interesting puzzle.

aw, shucks ... B)

Solved it. It's a good one, especially because you provide enough information without giving it away.

P.S. What's the etiquette on solving puzzle caches that I will never go to. Is it OK to post a note on the cache page to record solving the puzzle?

P.S. What's the etiquette on solving puzzle caches that I will never go to. Is it OK to post a note on the cache page to record solving the puzzle?

Heck if I know ... I'm new at this. B) But I think I've seen people posting notes on other puzzle caches in exactly that sort of situation.

From the FTF log:

We solved the quick puzzle this morning on our way to classes but couldn't go for the find until after 3:45pm. We kept a close eye on it to see if others had found it. Seeing that it was still unlogged @ 3:30pm we decided to head this direction.

And there are two fewer people watching the cache.

I must be psychic. :anitongue:

Edited by hzoi

Well I solved this one, but I too may never get out that way. I just had eye surgery and this was a good exercise for me to do since I cannot actually go out and hunt for caches right yet. I will email the CO and see if I am correct. Thanks for giving me something to do while I rest. This one would get a favorite from me for sure.

< snip >

Solved it. It's a good one, especially because you provide enough information without giving it away.

Lone R, I posted a question on this some time ago and generally got positive responses. Cachers thought it was nice to post a note saying you solved and liked the puzzle even if you wouldn't be able to go to the location to seek the cache. Nice positive feedback for the CO on the puzzle. I've done it a few times!

< snip >

Lone R, I posted a question on this some time ago and generally got positive responses. Cachers thought it was nice to post a note saying you solved and liked the puzzle even if you wouldn't be able to go to the location to seek the cache. Nice positive feedback for the CO on the puzzle. I've done it a few times!

Oh good. I'm glad that COs are good with notes. I'm going to go ahead and post my note of thank you on Team Hugs cache page. :)