Searching for particular caches

JeepFreak81

So I've been thinking of trying to put together a bookmark list of all the cemetary caches in NH, or in my area, or county, or whatever. What I realized is if I search for caches with the word cemetery in the name I will get caches from all corners of the world. However, this is the only way I can think of to search for this type of cache aside from using google maps to search for cemeteries and seeing if a cache is present.

Anyone have any other ideas on how I can search for these? I do use GSAK, if there's anything in there that will help (still kinda new with it). I know that many people enjoy cemetery caches, myself included. I've even thought about making it a goal of mine to place a few caches in cemeteries in the area if I can get permission.

Thanks!

in our area "restin/g" is a word commonly used for cemetery cache title

but i doubt that is going to give you any better search results

i think google maps is your best option and a lot of patience

i assume you looked around and nobody else has started such a bookmark?

Edited by t4e

There are currently 7330 caches in New Hampshire. Using pocket queries, you can build a database of all caches in New Hampshire in two days by using the "date placed" method.

Load the eight pocket queries into a GSAK database called "All NH" or something like that.

Query in GSAK's filter to show you all caches with the word cemetery in the title (or, cemet -- use the truncated word to catch mis-spellings like cemetary). Or, ask the filter to return the word in the short description and long description, since there's no guarantee it will appear in the title.

You can flag the results of your filtered search, and add other search results to your list of flagged caches (for example, a second search on "grave," a third on "tomb," etc.). Just remember to flag all the caches in each filter. When you're done searching for likely terms, run a filter for just caches that are flagged. You'll then have a list of all caches with any of your search results. Go through them and un-flag any that returned false positives. The remaining caches would go onto your bookmark list.

You can easily bookmark the results straight from GSAK into a bookmark list owned by your account, using a macro.

Using PQ's and GSAK worked out pretty well. Was somewhat labor intensive but I like doing things like this. I wish the MACRO for GSAK uploaded the entire list at once instead of one by one....I made 3 clicks per cache at 172 caches....that was alot of mouse clicking to get them uploaded to a bookmark list. Here's the list if anyone is interested!!!

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=8b2b6b53-e14c-4035-ac59-3f28a3d262d0

Opposite reason, but same search method. (I despise cemetery caches!) I have all of New Jersey, and anyting else within 65 miles of the Dolphinarium in GSAK. In GSAK 'name search', I type in 'Cemet' (takes care of 'cemetery' and 'cemetary'.) Also 'Peace' (until the power trail that uses 'Peace' in the name near AC.) and 'Rest'. Takes care of most of them. Plus anything by a certain CO in PA who only seems to hide cemetery caches.

Works for me.