Virtual Cache????????

bushratgh

I am planning to place a cache in a location which is really worth it in my opionion: great hike and phantastic view when three.

BUT: the place is in a farming area. A lot of - mostly illiterate - farmers with their farm-helps and kids are around there. Problem is, if they find the cache, they will be more interested in the plastic box and the notepad then in www.geocaching.com

Now in this location there is also a Geogrphic Point with an inscription on it. Can't be removed and is not likely to be destroyed. The inscription says something about the location and a little bit something about the history in that region.

Do you think this would qualify as a VIRTUAL Cache?

We tend to be betrayed by destinations. The beauty is in the walking.

This is not an official reply, you probably need to take it up directly with whoever is responsible for approving caches in your area.

This specific forum is for bugs and problems with the gc.com site: "Discuss new features (or feature requests), bugs, etc. specific to the Geocaching.com site". I don't think you're get much or any official feedback about approving issues here.

Like I said this is not official, but I doubt it would be approved at present unless you could demonstrate that there is no where nearby it is feasible to put an offset microcache or something similar. You need to run it past your local approver though.

What is caches precious?

Contact your local approver and tell him/her the whole story and why it would not be appropriate to place a regular or micro cache at that location.

Doing this before you try and register the site is the best path to getting it approved rather than getting all pi**ed off if it is turned down because the approver did not have enough information.

---------------------------------------

Free your mind and the rest will follow