Geocaching the ET Highway

Here's a great article featuring several geocachers, including my buddy CaverScott from here in Birmingham.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/15902301/rachel-nevada-cashing-in-on-geocaching

CaverScott says in our local forum:

While out Geocaching on the ET Highway in Nevada, a car pulled over and asked what we are doing. Turns out they are a Las Vegas News TV Crew who was doing a story on geocaching (and the only place you could stay the night - the little alien inn). They were very motivated to talk to us. I suggested they drive a mile, pull off, and we would drive up to them caching along the way. Our tv "studio" was the side of the road.

I love that he made them drive ahead to be set up and ready...Heaven forbid the TV crew slow them down! :D

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

I have never had anything favorable to say about these "power trails", but now that's changed...sort of.

The idea of people from all over the world flocking to a small town in Nevada is appealing to me.

I am just crazy enough to consider going there for a few days just to see who shows up. I'd still never do the fake geocaches along the road, but I think it would be fun anyway.

I have never had anything favorable to say about these "power trails", but now that's changed...sort of.

The idea of people from all over the world flocking to a small town in Nevada is appealing to me.

I am just crazy enough to consider going there for a few days just to see who shows up. I'd still never do the fake geocaches along the road, but I think it would be fun anyway.

Well you could do the couple hundred unfake caches in the area.

I had read the forum negativity on power trails, but wanted to make up my own mind. Rachel and Cedar Gate Road are on my list, so so last month on a Vegas trip I conned wife and cousins to sample the ET Highway.

We had more fun than you can put in a bucket!! Next trip we will plan enough time to try the whole road.

Well you could do the couple hundred unfake caches in the area.

Absolutely! I should have mentioned that. I have had some great times caching in Nevada around the LV area, so I know there are some fine caches in the state.