GPSMAP 62s (including images in cache description)

molletje83

Does the 62s have an option called "Photo Viewer" or something similar on the main menu? If so, yes, you should be able to drop photos onto the device and view them with that application. I don't currently have my eTrex hooked up to the computer to see the exact name of the photo folder, but it's easy to find; it's called "Photos" or "Images" or something like that.

I dont think so. I suspect, that only thing you can do, is copy images from listing to your unit. Give them some useful names, so you will know which image is belongs to which cache.

Anyway, it would be nice if there is a way to do this automatically...

I dont think so. I suspect, that only thing you can do, is copy images from listing to your unit. Give them some useful names, so you will know which image is belongs to which cache.

You should also be able to geotag the images and through that make them show up at the cache location.

I use geosetter to georeference any picture I load onto my OR. If you need a spoiler picture, use the program to add the cordinates of the cache to the picture. Then the picture will be at the cache location. You can use where to picture and it will show up as your first choice. On the OR photo Viewer you can also sort by distance from you.

I took a picture of where I hid a cache with my OR550T. I made it a ? To find the cache, you have to either use your GPS to navigate to the picture (on a garmin, whereto, pictures) or right click on the picture and go through the imiage properties to get the cords.