Florida Finders Fest VII

Planning is already in the pipeline for FFF8. Working on some details and hope to post the cache page as soon as they are finalized and TPTB allow.

Maybe ICM will surprise us and make a return visit to Oceola next year. It would be nice to see the water and mud on the Jeep trails compared to the sugar sand of Ocala. Either ONF you choose we will be sure to be there. haven't missed on since FFF3

FFF7 Was my first Finder's Fest, and only my second event. Not that I've been Caching a long time. I had an utter blast. I just came out for the day on Saturday, but next year I'm planning to take a little bit more time and maybe camp overnight for at least one of the nights. I'd love to have it in Ocala NF again, since I'm pretty close to that, but it would be cool to go somewhere new as well. Once I complete the move I'm planning, Lake Eaton will only be about 1 hour from my new Home 20, so that'd be awesome. If it was up in Osceola I'd have to camp for sure, that's like 3.5 hours away.

Either way...I really need to beg, borrow or steal a 4wd vehicle for next year. I missed out on some serious fun as a result of my pitiful little 2wd Ranger. (I didn't mean it-I love my little truck. Just wish it was 4wd.)

FFF7 Was my first Finder's Fest, and only my second event. Not that I've been Caching a long time. I had an utter blast. I just came out for the day on Saturday, but next year I'm planning to take a little bit more time and maybe camp overnight for at least one of the nights. I'd love to have it in Ocala NF again, since I'm pretty close to that, but it would be cool to go somewhere new as well. Once I complete the move I'm planning, Lake Eaton will only be about 1 hour from my new Home 20, so that'd be awesome. If it was up in Osceola I'd have to camp for sure, that's like 3.5 hours away.

Either way...I really need to beg, borrow or steal a 4wd vehicle for next year. I missed out on some serious fun as a result of my pitiful little 2wd Ranger. (I didn't mean it-I love my little truck. Just wish it was 4wd.)

90% of those trails are accessible to a 2wd Ford Ranger. You just have to know when to look at a hole and know enough not to venture in. Often, you can access the rest of the trail from another direction and get the caches. I got lots of "jeep trail" FTFs this past weekend with a little Nissan XE pickup. No prob at all.

I'm pulling for staying in Ocala too.