Etrex30 not turning on

Cyberbloke

We got our Garmin Etrex 30 through the post this morning. It seemed to work OK so we plugged it in the computer and downloaded a 500 cache pocket query. That worked fine, but after transferring a software update and a birdseye map the thing won't turn on.

A Garmin title screen comes up fir a couple of seconds followed by a blank screen. Holding the power button down keeps the title screen on until I let go, but then it fades to black again. It does not even get recognized by the computer any more.

Any ideas?

We got our Garmin Etrex 30 through the post this morning. It seemed to work OK so we plugged it in the computer and downloaded a 500 cache pocket query. That worked fine, but after transferring a software update and a birdseye map the thing won't turn on.

A Garmin title screen comes up fir a couple of seconds followed by a blank screen. Holding the power button down keeps the title screen on until I let go, but then it fades to black again. It does not even get recognized by the computer any more.

Any ideas?

I assume that the 20 and the 30 use the same firmware, so it sounds like what mine did after the update to my 20.

After doing the update is seemed like it was taking FOREVER to turn on so I decided to just turn it on and go do something else and see what would happen. Anyway, after about 5 minutes it booted up and since then it has quickly booted up like it did when I first got it.

So my advice is..... just try out-waiting it and see what happens. :)