Pet Peeves as Cache Owners

krymdog

I really hate it when other cachers don't log trackables too. I'm relatively new to caching and would really love the chance to find and log more than the 1 I have so far! It's not for the lack of trying though. There are a few caches near my house that have bugs or coins in their inventory but when I get there, they're no where to be found! I even went in search of a traditional that claimed to have 3 inside while on a trip to the coast...not a single one was there!

Please, please, please log trackables and move them on.

My Pet Peeve is when cachers log my caches as found after they been archived or disabled and post dating them almost 6 months earlier. I have a cacher who did that on two my caches. They claimed they found them just weeks before they were archived/disabled but dated them earlier this year.

When the host company of your geocaching website company just decides to delete a feature that you enjopy very much and remove all traces of it. Even after you have worked very hard to complete a lot of this feature... These folks SUCK!!!

That's my pet peeve...

Edited by cpine

I have a webcam cache still out there. What bugs me is people logging the find with a picture not taken from the webcam or even one totally unrelated to the location. I'm a stickler for rules. I give them a nicely worded email saying they have a few days to post a proper pic before I delete the log. There are about 3 about to be deleted now.

#1 Swag Slag (shame on you for trading Down)

#2 Cache Trash (yea you know who you are)

#3 Geo Junk (Like a stick is at all cleaver, what are you 2 years old?)

#4 Miss-sized Caches (like that Leakey pill bottle is a Medium cache)

#5 Non water Proof Containers (Like I want to ever find more of your Leaky Caches)

#6 Caches that do not Follow the GC Guidelines (There should be a form that asks you about Size, Location, Permission and type before you can post it online)

I am making an effort to clean out the Junk that I find and replace it with my own Items

I make at my Bead Store

Anything I make is better than a Squishy Bandage, a piece of shell, a melted rubber band or a Dollar Store squished marble....

If you cannot Afford decent swag then make it, If you can afford the time and effort to Geocache buy something cool from someone that

needs the extra cache cash

Have you noticed that if you Map Location then zoom out, Premium Members Only caches show up? If you click on them it says they're PM only... but I've seen one near my house where, with a bit of Google streetmap research, I will be able to walk straight to it as there's a clue in the name.

So my question is - does it peeve the CO of a PM only cache if a non-pm (great unwashed) person like myself finds it and logs it?

Have you noticed that if you Map Location then zoom out, Premium Members Only caches show up? If you click on them it says they're PM only... but I've seen one near my house where, with a bit of Google streetmap research, I will be able to walk straight to it as there's a clue in the name.

So my question is - does it peeve the CO of a PM only cache if a non-pm (great unwashed) person like myself finds it and logs it?

Nope. It doesn't bother me at all.

Some PMO owners will (try) to take exception and delete your log.

If they do, you can get it re-instated (and locked) by TPTB. (contact@Groundspeak.com)

The CO has placed 7 caches and this one, his most recent, is the only one he's made premium only.

Some PMO owners will (try) to take exception and delete your log.

If they do, you can get it re-instated (and locked) by TPTB. (contact@Groundspeak.com)

The CO has placed 7 caches and this one, his most recent, is the only one he's made premium only.

Before I was a PM, I quite enjoyed trying to figure out were PMO caches were. I got the coordinates for several, but I think I only searched for (and found and logged) 2. The CO never expressed anoyance to me. Really, if a BM cares enough to go to all that trouble, they are probably more the type of cacher the CO wants finding their cache anyway.

Now back on topic of Cache Owner Pet Peeves:

-When the lid is not put back on properly.

-When a finder claims the cache "must be lost", then you go to check on it, and it is right there.

-When the reviewer threatens to archive your cache that has been dissabled because it is not accessable during the winter (now the cache page states when it is accessable, and has the relevant atribute icon, but stays enabled all year).