Android App

AdamandDom

I typically use GPS Essentials for adding waypoints instead of GeoBeagle. GeoBeagle has the slightly annoying behavior of requiring the GPS to be turned on to add a waypoint. The implication here would be that it is focused more on capturing a waypoint than adding a new one. GPS Essentials will function either way, entering a blank one or capturing the current one. It also lets you put in an offset or projection. If you have GPS Status installed you can edit a target coordinate in radar mode. It is a bit awkward but can serve in a pinch. One of the interesting things about Locus is that you can add a waypoint based on the center of the map being viewed.

My wife and I both have Android-powered phones and have had good luck with "C:Geo-Opensource". I see that the application allows for the input of coordinates, but I'm not sure about actively navigating to that location via the compass. <checks> YEP! Looks like you can input coordinates via the compass screen.