Website says my finds are not unique

Valentijn77

<br />Hello,<br /><br />I have 39 finds, but the website says "of which 35 unique".<br /><br />I can't remember logging some caches twice or anything.<br /><br />When I look through the list of caches that I logged as found, there are no duplicates. Still the numbers add up to 39.<br /><br />What's up?<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Opper.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You would need to check each log, inside the cache listing. Or use gsak to find it (which i dont know how to do)

<br />Hello,<br /><br />I have 39 finds, but the website says "of which 35 unique".<br /><br />I can't remember logging some caches twice or anything.<br /><br />When I look through the list of caches that I logged as found, there are no duplicates. Still the numbers add up to 39.<br /><br />What's up?<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Opper.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You would need to check each log, inside the cache listing. Or use gsak to find it (which i dont know how to do)

I don't think one needs gsak to do this. I think the trick is to run a "my finds" query. I'm not sure, and am too lazy to do the forum search to find the answer which has been posted numerous times. I don't know anything about gsak, either.

But it is only 39 caches to go through...the trick doing it that way is to make sure that one is reading all the logs, not just the last 5 listed.

I don't think one needs gsak to do this. I think the trick is to run a "my finds" query. I'm not sure, and am too lazy to do the forum search to find the answer which has been posted numerous times. I don't know anything about gsak, either.

The issue is that a 'my finds' pq only shows the caches, not how many logs there are. I had to use GSAK to seach for multiple logs to find my 'extra' cache :)

I had to use GSAK to seach for multiple logs to find my 'extra' cache :)

While looking for the OP's duplicates, I did a google site search of Geocaching.com, and got lucky with one of the caches. It showed up twice in the search (though having 3 separate Found Its). So that may work in some cases, and it's pretty quick & easy to do.

The issue is that a 'my finds' pq only shows the caches, not how many logs there are. I had to use GSAK to seach for multiple logs to find my 'extra' cache :)

Ah, thank you. See, I wasn't kidding...I haven't got a clue. :laughing:

I had to use GSAK to seach for multiple logs to find my 'extra' cache :)

While looking for the OP's duplicates, I did a google site search of Geocaching.com, and got lucky with one of the caches. It showed up twice in the search (though having 3 separate Found Its). So that may work in some cases, and it's pretty quick & easy to do.

I found the extra "found it" logs the hard way...using the OP's profile. Went to each cache page, scrolled down, clicked on "view all" and then used mozilla's "edit...find" function to find any and all instances of the OP's username in all the logs.

Still didn't take long with under 40 caches, but knowing how to finesse gsak as eusty explained would be simpler and more efficient.

Thanks for all the answers. It's not the first time the UI of GC.com baffles me.

One cache was a smartphone logging issue while abroad. The other cache I actually did visit twice because it's close to my work and the container is big enough to hold (big) travelbugs.

Kinda strange both times are counting towards my total finds. I changed the TB visit to a general note.

After the above I'm still at 39 finds, but that might me some cached data.