Netscape Problems

PDOP's

Netscape users who have the issue, will your browser display this file?

http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic/,a,gcss,s,1750973553,st,9970992763,xx,vol/ip99709927631040258857.css

You should see the word BODY at the top, with a bunch of "code". This is the CSS file specified for one of the forum pages, which controls the look...

My guess is that, for whatever reason, your browsers can't retrieve the file - or, perhaps a non-standard CSS element was introduced into the file, which is causing netscape to barf on the entire file (IE tends to be much more "forgiving" about nonstandard and invalid entries).

Mrs.Nazz's link also gives me a blank page, but I havent noticed any NEW problems with the forums. The change from the OLD forum software last year caused a few problems with netscape that were never fixed, but they are mostly minor, and I've learned to live with them.

I too dont like the newer AOLified versions of netscape, and they are even more bloated, codewise, then IE.

I use netscape and netscape mail to bypass all the security flaws in IE/outlook.

Also the installed size takes up alot less space then current versions of IE and outlook. Pretty important on the (now)old laptop I'm using at the moment.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

They have apparently added some Javascript to the stylesheet. Actually, from testing with Mozilla and IE, it looks like they added something Netscape 4.7 thinks is Javascript. If you enable Javascript, everything will look normal. If you don't, you'll get the stripped-down pages.

My advice: go get Mozilla 1.2.1; it's a much better browser than the old Netscape.

I am using NS7 and I have not seen any difference over the last few days.

And yes I can see the link Mr. Snazz posted.

BODY {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica;

font-size: ;

color: #000000;

margin-top: 0px;

margin-right: 0px;

margin-bottom: 0px;

margin-left: 0px;

}

TD, TH, TR, P, DIV, SPAN {

font-size: ;

}

.ip-popup-table {

width: 95%;

}

/*

* Table Coloring Styles

*/

.ip-cat-font, .ip-cat-font a, .ip-cat-small-font, .ip-cat-small-font a {

}

.ip-cat-font {

font-size: 80%;

I'm using IE6.0 and it periodically gives the striped down page. My wife was trying to tell me something was strange, but when she tried to show me it was OK, then I sat down just a few minutes ago and it's doing it again.

.......and just as soon as I posted and went back into the forum it was back to normal!

.......gone again - I also notice that when I'm editing a message while the problem is occuring, that a different font is being used in the edit area......very strange..

[This message was edited by Moore9KSUcats on January 22, 2003 at 06:27 PM.]