Complete your own challenge?

Darick

I've been reading all the challenge topics for some time hoping to come across some thoughts on this question, but haven't seen any discussion on it. Sorry if I missed it somewhere...

When you place a geocache, you are allowed to mark it as "found", but of course you don't mark your own caches as found because it doesn't make good sense and likely considered by most to be "bad form".

As far as challenges go, in my mind the opposite would be true. You SHOULD almost complete a challenge before issuing it to others. Just an opinion question to be sure but, would you have a negative reaction to someone accepting and completing their own challenge?

You SHOULD almost complete a challenge before issuing it to others.

I agree.

Just an opinion question to be sure but, would you have a negative reaction to someone accepting and completing their own challenge?

No, I would not. I haven't decided on what I would do personally, but I would certainly post proof of having completed any Challenges that I submit.

Great question though :)

its too new for me to really have a firm opinion. So far I cant even tell what challenges others have done, nor do I really look. I do not think I would personally care at this time if a CO of a "challenge" completed it too, assuming its possible to do so on the site. Its not a "cache", it does not count in your finds, perhaps why not.

Edited by lamoracke

You SHOULD almost complete a challenge before issuing it to others.

I agree.

Just an opinion question to be sure but, would you have a negative reaction to someone accepting and completing their own challenge?

No, I would not. I haven't decided on what I would do personally, but I would certainly post proof of having completed any Challenges that I submit.

Great question though :)

What he said. Yes, I intend to Complete mine.

I've been reading all the challenge topics for some time hoping to come across some thoughts on this question, but haven't seen any discussion on it. Sorry if I missed it somewhere...

When you place a geocache, you are allowed to mark it as "found", but of course you don't mark your own caches as found because it doesn't make good sense and likely considered by most to be "bad form".

As far as challenges go, in my mind the opposite would be true. You SHOULD almost complete a challenge before issuing it to others. Just an opinion question to be sure but, would you have a negative reaction to someone accepting and completing their own challenge?

Since Challenges are essentially waymarks. It's all right that owners log their own waymarks, so why not allow owners to log their own challenges.

Of course in the logging and creation process, I've made a few mistakes and actually logged mine as completed. My thoughts on the qusetion are...

I don't plan on issuing many challenges to other players unless I've already done them myself. Some exceptions will happen of course. One of the huge benefits of this new game is that I don't have to commit to maintaining a Cache. I can list a Challenge anywhere in the world, even if I haven't been there. That's an awesome way for my to play interactively with friends in far away places. We can create challenges for each other to complete!! A little internet research, and some google coordinates, and I can make my friends go pose in front of some starue in their own town!!

Edit to add...

Oops, forgot to mention that I plan to complete all the local challenges I create, but not log them until someone else has.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

I've been having trouble with this very question. The best I have come up with is that unlike finding your own hide you can actually complete you own challenge. So right off the bat it sounds reasonable. But there is the whole find count thing.

I'm so CONFUSED! :unsure:

What better way to demonstrate what the challenge actually is, than by showing yourself completing it!!