Bluetooth GPS and Galaxy S Android phone

I bought my Qstarz BT-Q818XT GPSR "puck" from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001R1OO1W

I was able to find a cache easily today that I failed twice on previously with my Garmin Montana 600. The cache is hidden in a dense grove of very big and tall redwood trees.

On my past two visits there with the Montana 600, the Garmin was jumping all over, indicating 30 to 60 feet accuracy... "it's 62 feet over there" (go over there 62 feet) "it's 85 feet over thata way" (go thata way 85 feet) "Oh, it's 45 feet over there", etc. Ooops, unexpected shutdown, etc. Very frustrating.

My Qstarz was reading 7-10 feet accuracy the whole time I was in the grove and led me directly to GZ. Stable and consistent. It uses the MKT vII chip with 66 channels and -165dB sensitivity, so it performs really really great in concrete canyons and tree cover. I just threw it in the top compartment of my hydration pack, got a Bluetooth pairing, and didn't have to touch it again all day. It even worked great when I took my pack off and was crawling around the tree on my hands and knees 20 feet away from it. Awesome little device!

Edited by michaelnel