Oregon 450 Database Error

Hi There,

I think i may have lost some imformation on my 450,Whenever i try to mark waypoint i get the message Database error. This worked ok untill i conected my 450 upto the wifes laptop whilst an holiday. Since then i get that message. Iv'e searched the forums looking to re install the software but can't find it? is this worth trying?

Regards Dave

Hi There,

I think i may have lost some imformation on my 450,Whenever i try to mark waypoint i get the message Database error. This worked ok untill i conected my 450 upto the wifes laptop whilst an holiday. Since then i get that message. Iv'e searched the forums looking to re install the software but can't find it? is this worth trying?

Regards Dave

You could attach it to the webupdater. It has a re-install section (although I'm not sure what it re-installs.)

You could also try looking here.

Alternatively, blame your wife and demand she buy you another. :)

Hi There,

Regards Dave

You could attach it to the webupdater. It has a re-install section (although I'm not sure what it re-installs.)

Thanks for the reply

The re-install only re-installs the latest update.I can't find the info to re-install the original software though?

Regards Dave

Edited by davelou

Hi There,

Regards Dave

Thanks for the reply

The re-install only re-installs the latest update.I can't find the info to re-install the original software though?

Regards Dave

Ask in the wikispaces forum - you may have more luck there.

While this is no use to the OP, it is a timely reminder to make a back up copy of your GPS software. Updates etc are fine but many of the main files are not part of it so you will not be able to download them again.

Good luck davelou in sorting your issue, I would also suggest a master reset.

Just an update to my original post, after contacting Garmin they said the same as you guy's,master reset & latest update.

The last message was if that doesn't work then send them my details to return it to them,which i did.

I waited 2 days without a reply & decided to phone them to speed things up...

The gent on the other end talked me through formating my oregon,first removing the basemap to a safe place then replacing them...

It worked!!

Many thanks to Garmin i'm back in action :D

P.S. i've had Garmin gps for several years and found garmin's after sales service to be excellent even up to replacing your unit with a better one at no extra cost.

Regards Dave