Can't trace a trackable coin

zodiac73

I found a coin (geocoin I assume?) in a cache today, how do I look it up on GC?

The search didn't have a TB code option (TBxxxxx) and I got no luck with the coin name or owner name.

I have these details on a little piece of card with it:

Coin Owner

Coin Name

Tracking number (PCxxxx)

TB Code (TBxxxxx)

if any of that helps?

z.

I found a coin (geocoin I assume?) in a cache today, how do I look it up on GC?

The search didn't have a TB code option (TBxxxxx) and I got no luck with the coin name or owner name.

I have these details on a little piece of card with it:

Coin Owner

Coin Name

Tracking number (PCxxxx)

TB Code (TBxxxxx)

if any of that helps?

z.

You should be able to look it up via the tracking number.

Why has it got a tracking number and a TB code?

The TB Code is to use publicly, such as in logs, forum postings and the like.

The Tracking # is to be kept 'secret', thereby only usable by the person who has it in-hand.

Logging the trackable (be it a geocoin or travel bug) must be accomplished using the tracking number. To make it available publicly opens it up for misuse and possible/probable lockdown by Groundspeak. Would you like your trackable locked?

The Tracking # is to be kept 'secret', thereby only usable by the person who has it in-hand.

Logging the trackable (be it a geocoin or travel bug) must be accomplished using the tracking number. To make it available publicly opens it up for misuse and possible/probable lockdown by Groundspeak. Would you like your trackable locked?

Ah I see now, thanks :)

Ok so the cache this was in didn't have it listed in the current trackables and hence I don't knw how to find out more about it, where it's from and where it's been, and where the owner wants it to go.

Can I get a quick idiot guide / links please?

:)

Ok so the cache this was in didn't have it listed in the current trackables and hence I don't knw how to find out more about it, where it's from and where it's been, and where the owner wants it to go.

Love to provide one, but there is no 'idiot's guide to trackable moving'.

You can search here: http://www.geocaching.com/track/default.aspx?. Even by partial name it will provide you with a list that you can hand-search through.

Love to provide one, but there is no 'idiot's guide to trackable moving'.

You can search here: http://www.geocaching.com/track/default.aspx?. Even by partial name it will provide you with a list that you can hand-search through.

Got it now .. thanks all :)

If you have the tracking number of any geocoin (or travel bug) you can always get to its homepage by going to that link given by Gitchee-Gummee.

I like to post this regularly, I don't think I've done it for a couple of weeks, so...

It's a good idea to make a note of any tracking number as soon as you retrieve any trackable item from a cache. That way, if you make any mistakes in logging it, or in dropping it off into a new cache, you still have the vital tracking number and any errors can be corrected.

MrsB :)