Bad Cache container?

windsr

So far the handful of caches I've found (the kids are too small to enjoy it) have been regular containers except for one, a small plastic skull with the log inside. It would be interesting to see what this one looked like. I have seen pictures of some containers that do look like they could be mistaken for something other than a cache.

They may be talking good about us, they may be talking bad about us, but they ARE talking about us. Think this will get folks to look up the website and give it a try? Or every cache in the area is going to get muggled? Would be a great opportunity for a cacher in the area to contact the paper and volunteer to help with a 'human interest' story on geocaching....

They may be talking good about us, they may be talking bad about us, but they ARE talking about us. Think this will get folks to look up the website and give it a try? Or every cache in the area is going to get muggled? Would be a great opportunity for a cacher in the area to contact the paper and volunteer to help with a 'human interest' story on geocaching....

There is an url on Geocaching.com that lists every news story on geocaching (Only good ones). There is literally 2-3 or so newspaper articles around the world DAILY about geocaching in a good light.

http://www.geocaching.com/press/default.aspx

I think they just assume any containers a bomb because if you don't know about geocaching what else can it be. Hidden drugs? still worthy of a call to the cops. People do need to be cautious of what they hide in those sketchy areas. Stick to film cans thats about the only thing that wont get mistaken honestly haha

Every time I read about a geocache container being confused for a bomb, and they mention a "wick", I always wonder if it was just a wire used to hang the cache from something.

Either way, this cache just sounds like it was a bad idea.

In one case, I know that for sure. I was the last one to find the cache before it went kablooie. It had a wire hook to hang it from a bush.

Every time I read about a geocache container being confused for a bomb, and they mention a "wick", I always wonder if it was just a wire used to hang the cache from something.

Either way, this cache just sounds like it was a bad idea.

In one case, I know that for sure. I was the last one to find the cache before it went kablooie. It had a wire hook to hang it from a bush.

Never trust a dog with glasses!!! ;)

So far, I've found one cache that looked like a bomb. Maybe not to most people but I've seen IED's before. I actually gave it a favorite point.

I have a bunch of inert munitions from my past job. Wonder if those would make good caches? :rolleyes:

I think they would make good caches. I would muggle them for my collection and leave a harmless looking Altoids tin. :lol: Got any of the 25mm or .50 cal with the screw off tips? Those would be great. :D