What happens to bugs dropped into GeoWoodstock?

TeamWinWar

One of my TB's was dropped into the event page for Geowoodstock 9. The Littlest Ninjas Kuji-kiri TB3M9BG. What happens to a TB once it goes into the pile at GW? Am I to assume that this TB has gone on to TB heaven and needs to be memorialized in Snoogan's TB Graveyard, or will it actually move on to its mission?

Oh speak to me wizened ones.

One of my TB's was dropped into the event page for Geowoodstock 9. The Littlest Ninjas Kuji-kiri TB3M9BG. What happens to a TB once it goes into the pile at GW? Am I to assume that this TB has gone on to TB heaven and needs to be memorialized in Snoogan's TB Graveyard, or will it actually move on to its mission?

in an ideal world someone will have picked it up and will move to a new cache soon, correctly logging all movements....however this often doesnt happen. we had a bug went AWOL after being dropped in an in event in Minnesota. Many people 'discovered'it, but it was still in the itinery long after the event. I contacted the people who dropped it there, and they said someone must have taken it, as it wasnt left behind. it was a case of wait and see... But the happy ending is, that it has just turned up 4 months later. someone found it in another cache, and has kindly 'grabbed it'

so give it time. it may turn up somewhere. give it a year before you write it off forever!

The fact the bug was dropped dropped 3 days before the event shouldn't be much of a concern. However since the event has been over for a good 10 days without so much as a Discover. Ouch.

I tell you what, let's give it another two weeks and if the bug doesn't resurface we can start asking questions of the last holder and the event organizer. I'll even do the contacting if you prefer. Unfortunately if we don't see it logged soon, I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

The fact the bug was dropped dropped 3 days before the event shouldn't be much of a concern. However since the event has been over for a good 10 days without so much as a Discover. Ouch.

I tell you what, let's give it another two weeks and if the bug doesn't resurface we can start asking questions of the last holder and the event organizer. I'll even do the contacting if you prefer. Unfortunately if we don't see it logged soon, I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

I would really appreciate that. In fact this TB is a recreation. The original TB was lost as well and I recreated and relaunched it only recently. So goes the TB game.

Someone picked it up there in a swap for a trackable he/she brought in. Presumably they will log it out of Geowoodstock IX and place it in another cache for someone else to find and move on. It's probably too early to assume it is missing because it can take a while for people to log all the caches they found that weekend plus all the trackables they retrieved or discovered. And, of course, some people will never get around to logging it out or placing it. But again, don't give up hope yet.

Have hope, i went to geowoodstock and picked up a tb that was last logged aug 2010 and wasnt even dropped into geowoodstock so it may show up, there were a lot of tbs and coins there. And dont be worried it wasnt discovered bc any trackable put into the trading area wasnt allowed to be discovered bc it would get to crowded.

I suspect it would be the 'standing and only discovering' that would have been restricted based on the description. Not the act of discovering itself. I read that the bin was for swapping TBs. Presumably picking a few up and returning them later would afterwards might have facilitated 'discovery' without the traffic jam. Just a guess since I wasn't there.

Doug 7rxc