What does this mean?

Ken n Nadine

All it means is that the cache with the bolt over it was included in the pocket query.

Thanks for the quick response. I notice that there are also some caches along the route that i made that do not have the bolt over them. Were they not added to the query because I hit the 500 max limit?

All it means is that the cache with the bolt over it was included in the pocket query.

Thanks for the quick response. I notice that there are also some caches along the route that i made that do not have the bolt over them. Were they not added to the query because I hit the 500 max limit?

Possibly, or because of a filter that you set in the PQ. For example, if you excluded micro caches, or multis, or caches of a high difficulty, you will see them on the may but they won't be included in the PQ.

On the map, a yellow lightning bolt indicates a multi-cache. When you zoom in, the double-ammo-boxes symbol replaces the yellow lightning bolt.

I think you are confusing the funny-looking yellow symbol for a multi-cache when you are zoomed out with the lightning bolt icon that appears over the caches that are included in a PQ. Since the OP was specifically talking about PQ's, I'm pretty sure Warturtle's response answers the question correctly.

On the map, a yellow lightning bolt indicates a multi-cache. When you zoom in, the double-ammo-boxes symbol replaces the yellow lightning bolt.

no it doesn't, the thunderbolt is for caches that are part of your created PQ's, which you can select to either display or not from the list on the left under "layers"

Edited by t4e

In my experience, the route feature doesn't work very well, and skips some caches.

If I meant "square", I would have typed "square".

It's a square with rounded corners.

At certain levels of view, the icon appears as a stacked set of yellow "cache" boxes. This arrangement looks slightly like a zig-zag, and can therefore be mistaken by a person as the referenced "lightening bolt".

AS, you don't have to prove anything to us with your "gotcha" comments. Be constructive. Be aware of other possibilities; other interpretations.

And yes, to the OP, that means that the cache was/will be included in your PQ. It's a pretty sweet function when trying to create a plan of action for a cache outing. The new maps are so fancy! :antenna: