Lowrance Endura Sierra

I returned an Endura to Navico here in the UK last week as the screen on start up asked to be calibrated (which I have never had before) then when this was completed the screen went white. They had never heard of this before so sent me a new unit which I got yesterday and this has now done the same thing. All that I get is the mountains initially then just this white screen. Please can someone help - reading through the forums this is a known fault. I have tried to e-mail Endura Expert but he appears not to have visited Groundspeak for a few months.

I would suggest returning the unit and get one that is better suited to Geocaching. I read somewhere that Lowrance no longer makes or supports units for Geocaching and not focus there attention on Marine and aviation. So you may want to consider a Garmin.

As an ex-Endura owner I concur.

I am a newby when it comes to replying to a thread so I tried to show the previous post and add to it, but I did something wrong. What I want to let followers of this thread and Lowrance Endura owners know is that Lowrance has not stopped supporting the Endura line. In fact, yesterday, 7/15, they released V1.5 update. It is the most comprehensive enhancement so far. I downloaded it to my Endura Sierra last night and tested it today. What a difference. I have always liked a lot of the features of the unit and have used it now for about 2 years. It seems like a new product now. I used it this morning to find a multicache, which I couldn't do previously. Now the waypoint function does not stop navigating at 40 feet. It got me to 1 ft from GZ (with a 10 ft estimated proximity). It starts up faster and is more responsive to your touch. Check it out. I think you will like it.

V 1.5 update

Edited by HuelatPackers

I just visited the site and read about the new features. This sounds like a GREAT update to the Endura line. Many of the issues that people (including me) have complained about have been addressed.

Thanks for the notification. I'm eager to update my Out&Back now!

I am a newby when it comes to replying to a thread so I tried to show the previous post and add to it, but I did something wrong. What I want to let followers of this thread and Lowrance Endura owners know is that Lowrance has not stopped supporting the Endura line. In fact, yesterday, 7/15, they released V1.5 update. It is the most comprehensive enhancement so far. I downloaded it to my Endura Sierra last night and tested it today. What a difference. I have always liked a lot of the features of the unit and have used it now for about 2 years. It seems like a new product now. I used it this morning to find a multicache, which I couldn't do previously. Now the waypoint function does not stop navigating at 40 feet. It got me to 1 ft from GZ (with a 10 ft estimated proximity). It starts up faster and is more responsive to your touch. Check it out. I think you will like it.

V 1.5 update