Travel Bug question

Pedagog

I work with a youth group that celebrates its 70th Anniversary next year (14 months time), we would very much like to start a travelbug on ites way with the intention that it travel around the country (or Europe) before our anniversary next September.

My question is do you think this is feasible?

Is there anything you would suggest to make it more successful?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it's feasible.

Decide beforehand whether you want it to stay within UK or to travel further afield.

Perhaps you could choose some significant towns along an approximate route that you'd like it to travel... but don't make it too complicated - Some cachers are very good at reading up on TB missions and do their best to follow them, others tend to ignore them and just move TBs along to wherever they're caching next. Short, simple instructions are easier to follow.

Do you want the TB to travel and then return back to your local area?

When you choose the item to attach to the travel bug/tag don't use anything of any value, or collectable, or of sentimental value.

Many TBs disappear quickly, or they get stuck in a cache, or cacher's hands, for weeks on end. Think about releasing more than one to keep the interest going.

Just a few things to consider :)

When you''ve decided, make sure the TB has some clear mission instruction sheet included with it, or attached to it, to make it clear to anyone who finds it without having read its home page first.

MrsB :)

When you choose the item to attach to the travel bug/tag don't use anything of any value, or collectable, or of sentimental value.

Many TBs disappear quickly, or they get stuck in a cache, or cacher's hands, for weeks on end. Think about releasing more than one to keep the interest going.

Just a few things to consider :)

MrsB :)

I'll comment that the highlighted bit means more trackable items with distinctly different tracking numbers...

One traveller one tag with tracking number. Multiple copies with the same number is of course a NO NO!

MrsB knows that well. This is a good example of what happens with long, complex instructions, though isn't it!

Doug 7rxc

Dang computers keep recording what we type, NOT what we meant to say!

I work with a youth group that celebrates its 70th Anniversary next year (14 months time)....

Wow, and you still call them youths? :)

Keep in mind that TBs move slowly. You likely won't hear from it every week. Maybe once a month if you're lucky. I'm happy if I hear from one of mine once every three months!