Links in Cache logs

Hoping for a quick response on this. How do I includea a link when loggin a chace other than just pasting the url in the body of the log. I'm not talking about a Forum post, where you just highlihgt the word, click the Insert link Icon and then paste in the url. I want to include a link in a log on a cache page. I've seen it done beofre, just don't know how to do it.

any help would be appriciated.

FM

I don't know squat about html, but what I did when I wanted to insert a link in a log was to look at someone else's, right click, get the page info., and just copied what they did. So the text that I used is [insert your own stuff where I have brackets - and take out the brackets themselves]:

<a href="http://www.[type in link here]" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[type in what you want the blue link in the log to say here]</a>

I have no idea if that's a really messed up way to do it, but it worked. I did a test log on one of my own travel bugs to make sure it really worked before using it.

Edited by terrkan78

Well, I'm not much of a Travel Bug person. I do move them, but I gave up owning them. You sure you're talking about a log entry, as opposed to your TB description? For logging a cache (find, note DNF, etc..), you use BB code, the same code as used in these forums. So of course I have to get creative to show you. Where I have ( ) you need to use [ ]

Say you wanted to post a link to Google, and you wanted it to say "Google is your friend. Like this here ==> Google is your friend

You would do this by typing (url=http://www.google.com)Google is your friend(/url) keeping in mind of course to replace ( with [ and ) with ]

Hope that's clear as mud. :lol:

Nope, I menat in a log, and both of those methods work, Although Yuck's is a little easier to remember.

thanks to both of you.

Not much interest in this thread, and I rescued it from slipping off the page. Wow, we can use HTML in a cache log? I think this is relatively new, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Well, if that's the case, you don't need all that "Target=Blank rel=no follow" garbage. The program HTML tidy adds that (assuming that's what Groundspeak still uses).

In my "Google is your friend" example, you'd just have to do:

<a href="http://www.google.com">Google is your friend</a> and that should work no problemo.

Wow, we can use HTML in a cache log? I think this is relatively new, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Remember that HTML/WYSIWYG editor we were supposed to get? Many many moons ago? It's a relic from that. The editor was rolled back, but the HTML support wasn't.