Changing cache ownership

Team Dragon

I'm trying to get a couple of caches transfered to new owners. I sent in the requests to the contact@Groundspeak.com address as stated in the FAQ and got an autoresponse but nothing else happened. A week later I sent in a request to look into the status of the other two requests and got an autoresponse but again, nothing else.

Should I be sending the request somewhere else? Has there been a problem lately with the contact email address?

You allready got good advice. If you are not the cache owner it wouldn't hurt to have the owner also email. That shows you are not a cache jumper.

If you are the owener it doesn't hurt to have the person adopting the cache email so the contact will know they are in agreement.

Other than that have a little patience.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

Thanks for the comments. It had been 11 days so far but it's not really a problem. I was just concerned that there may have been something that I was supposed to be doing that I hadn't discerned. I am the owner of the caches in question and each emailed request had a CC to the person who would be taking it over.

Heidi got one of the two switched, which I'm thankful for. I'm sure the other will happen when someone's able to get to it.

Team Dragon,

I'm glad to see it's not just me. I've trying to "claim jump" (as someone put it) a local cache that has clearly been abandoned. I received a response with a question. I sent back an answer. Now I'm just waiting for the transfer. (I can be very patient, so please don't take this as criticism. I appreciate the fine volunteer work everyone does for this website. Thank you.)