morning guys new member from devon :)

good morning my names paul but most people call me billy and im from mid devon near okehampton :) nice to meet you all :) i have a friend who does geocaching which he told me a bit about it but i didnt really investigate any further until a competition friend of mine added me to a group for this langly castle competition, i've got a galaxy tablet android devise and we have the c:geo app with gps status and also geobeagle as im not sure which one i like best.i havent actualy been out and given it a try yet we have some close by such as winkleigh air field which is only a mile away from where i live, been reading all the forums with interest and the how to section and video section so slowly getting to grasps with it lol looks like a greeat hobby :)

Hi billy - welcome to the game :)

You're based in a great location being right on the edge of Dartmoor - some of my favourite caches are on the moor. You're spoilt for choice!

Devon cachers are some of the friendliest I have met and there's a really strong caching community down there. If you ever interested in meeting up with some local cachers then you should keep an eye out for the Stop the Clocks meet at Princetown. It's not published yet, but is usually around about the time the clocks change.

Hi mousethanks for the welcome i have seen that there are some good ones around the dartmoor area so im hoping to go up there soon bit of trial and error at the momment with this galaxy tab smart phone as doesnt have a great battery life and gps signal is ok but can be lost easily i will check out the princetown event thanks im a total novice at momment lol

Welcome! :D

Don't grow too fond of c:geo it may not be around for much longer...

>> Link

hi bear yes i did see this on another post something about scraping and its not going to be updated ne more,thanks for the link :) if i get into this new hobby i think im gonna need the official geocaching app and the premium account i see the app is £6 on the market does this include the premium member ship or do i have to pay again for that? thanks in advance

Welcome! :D

Don't grow too fond of c:geo it may not be around for much longer...

>> Link

hi bear yes i did see this on another post something about scraping and its not going to be updated ne more,thanks for the link :) if i get into this new hobby i think im gonna need the official geocaching app and the premium account i see the app is £6 on the market does this include the premium member ship or do i have to pay again for that? thanks in advance

No - you'll need to pay separately for premium membership.