Garmin 60, a friend in trouble

Paddle

I woke up after a lenghty paddle cache/fishin/lightning dodging/fun trip the other morning and found water in my yak and my 60 in the water in my yak???? ouch!!!

My 60 had water under the screen. I waited til it dried out on it's own and noy nothing.. notta... nilch!!!

Is it ruined, or can it be fixxed?

Help

Paddle

Need to give it a few days to dry. If you seal it in a bag of rise or dry pasta for that time the pasta/rise will suck the moisture out. The big problem is it was probably dirty water and left behind some gunk that is shorting the unit out.

You can try contacting Garmin support about getting it fixed but you may be better off spending that money on a new unit.

Need to give it a few days to dry. If you seal it in a bag of rise or dry pasta for that time the pasta/rise will suck the moisture out. The big problem is it was probably dirty water and left behind some gunk that is shorting the unit out.

You can try contacting Garmin support about getting it fixed but you may be better off spending that money on a new unit.

Edited by Paddle

Need to give it a few days to dry. If you seal it in a bag of rise or dry pasta for that time the pasta/rise will suck the moisture out.

One extra step ... Put it in a bowl of rice and then put it in the refrigerator >>> YES <<< the refrigerator. Saved a digital camera for me this spring. ( and I was skeptical - but it did work )

Need to give it a few days to dry. If you seal it in a bag of rise or dry pasta for that time the pasta/rise will suck the moisture out.

One extra step ... Put it in a bowl of rice and then put it in the refrigerator >>> YES <<< the refrigerator. Saved a digital camera for me this spring. ( and I was skeptical - but it did work )

Uncooked rice Tee, Hee, Hee

Uncooked rice Tee, Hee, Hee

Yes, uncooked rice or your daughter or son may mistake it for leftovers and eat it.

I haven't tried this one, but it makes sense since your fridge has to remove water to keep the freezer from frosting up. You just have to do this in a de-frost fridge. I don't know if the others are around anymore, but thought I'd mention it to be sure.