Found a lost coin

dorqie

I was caching way out in the boonies last week, and I found a coin that wasn't logged in to the cache. Didn't think much of it, and waited a few days to see if the coin dropper would log the coin in. In the meantime (I thought) I would just look up the coins page and see where it came from, and who last had it.

Turns out the coin was marked missing in England almost a year ago.

There had been no logs about the coin since the cache it was in in England had been muggled.

Now, almost a full year later, it mysteriously appears in a logging town with a population of 2500 on Northern Vancouver island, BC, Canada. (

I'm sooo curious as to how it got there. Who brought it there? Why had the person who placed it in the cache not logged it? Who removed it from England, and where was it before it came to Western Canada? This part of the coins journey is "muggled" it seems, which makes it all the more exciting to me.

I'm thinking about emailing some past finders on the cache i found it in to ask if they saw the coin, just for my own curiosity.