cuba map?

Not illegal, but bringing one into the Cuba requires a permit ahead of time.

Source: In Engish

Or if you prefer: En Español

You might inquire further here:

Oficina Nacional de Hidrografia y Geodesia (ONHG)

Avenida 47 # 2829

e/ 28 y 34,

Reparto Kholy, Playa

Ciudad de La Habana CP 11300 Cuba

Telephone (537) 209 0926

FAX (537) 203 0967

E-mail: onhg@enet.cu

Or: publico@agr.aduana.cu

Assuming you can get a permit... perhaps Google "garmin routable maps" or "garmin cuba maps" would be helpful...

Edited by Portland Cyclist

Red90, did they give it back to you when you left? And when were you there last?

The section of the Cuban Customs website I linked earlier was updated in 2010. It makes distinctions between items you can bring in without problem, items you can't bring at all, and some you need to get permission for ahead of time. GPS devices fall into that last category. Seems to me they would have listed GPS in the "can't bring at all" category if it was impossible for tourists to get the permit.

But if you've been there recently you might have seen firsthand... what was your experience?

Edited by Portland Cyclist

Anyone have any experience bringing an IPHONE to Cuba... just wondering if they are going to take it away, as it has a GPS in it....

DD

information on wireless telephones is on the link Portland Cyclist posted

i wouldn't bother, last time i was there you were not even able to call toll free numbers and you had to get an operator to make any other calls, i don't think much has changed

Edited by t4e

I was thinking of bringing it, more to use as a GPS... just not "bringing a GPS"

Anyone have any experience bringing an IPHONE to Cuba... just wondering if they are going to take it away, as it has a GPS in it....

DD

information on wireless telephones is on the link Portland Cyclist posted

i wouldn't bother, last time i was there you were not even able to call toll free numbers and you had to get an operator to make any other calls, i don't think much has changed