Gathering In The Glens 2011

I'm starting to plan my trip to the glens, first time caching this year. It's been a long time since I was up that way that didnt involve stopping at the hotel's lodges then moving on again and nothing more so im wondering if there are any people out there that have walks/cache treks already planned and caring enough to share their GPX files for inspection? Otherwise im likely to get 3 caches in for the day and discover myself trying to climb a ridiculous hill to find a gentle slope route had been available instead...

I'm starting to plan my trip to the glens, first time caching this year. It's been a long time since I was up that way that didnt involve stopping at the hotel's lodges then moving on again and nothing more so im wondering if there are any people out there that have walks/cache treks already planned and caring enough to share their GPX files for inspection? Otherwise im likely to get 3 caches in for the day and discover myself trying to climb a ridiculous hill to find a gentle slope route had been available instead...

think you might be better asking this in Geox or the other scotish forum that I can't think of the name

Most of the walks in the glen are named so it's obvious they are a route (Rollercoaster Ridge/Ministers Path/ Kilbo etc etc)Most series also have some sort of description of the route taken on at least one of the pages and if not they will probably be available on some of the walking websites. If any new caches go out they will be published a couple of days before the event. linear walks like Rollercoaster and Ministers Path are easier to do over the weekend as you'll be able to drop your car off at the end of the walk and get a lift to the start point.

If you are up there on the Friday night you'll probably find that most folks are still poring over maps deciding what route to do the next day and you'll probably manage to find someone to walk with you too.

Hope that helps - if you need any more info just email us through our profile.