Mapping request

lostdog19

I know that the maps are new, and they're great, but when I'm looking at a map with tons of caches nearby, I would like to view only the ones I haven't done, so as to not clutter the screen up. Would it be possible to add a checkbox or something that would "filter finds" such as can be done when searching for caches nearest home coordinates?

The maps are not showing archived caches. Identify will, but the maps do not.

They do, however, show disabled caches.

Caches you have found cannot be removed from the maps, due to the way the data is generated. However, I'll see if I can work in the ability for Identify to ignore listing caches you have found. Same for archived caches.

smile.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

The maps are not showing archived caches. Identify will, but the maps do not.

They do, however, show disabled caches.

Caches you have found cannot be removed from the maps, due to the way the data is generated. However, I'll see if I can work in the ability for Identify to ignore listing caches you have found. Same for archived caches.

smile.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

So its intended that archived caches show up? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

I'll second limiting the maps as much as possible: screen out the archived, found, hidden, etc. from the map, so I can see the forest for the trees.

Another suggestion: While the "NEW" flag is nice, I'd really like to know what kind of cache it is before I go hunting it. Could you somehow make it possible to differentiate and still flag new items? Perhaps keep the icons and just change background color?

One other thing: Can you add to the Search screen a "Search from Home Coords" so I can add the other filters (cache type, only unfound) easily?

Thanks

Arrowroot

I am Arrowroot, son of Arrowshirt. I have many names, you know

quote:
Originally posted by arrowroot:

I'll second limiting the maps as much as possible: screen out the archived, found, hidden, etc. from the map, so I can see the forest for the trees.

As I said above, I can't do that. Archived is already gone. What I can do is allow checkboxes to remove items from Identify, but not the actual map.

quote:
Another suggestion: While the "NEW" flag is nice, I'd really like to know what kind of cache it is before I go hunting it. Could you somehow make it possible to differentiate and still flag new items? Perhaps keep the icons and just change background color?

We played around with stars and other options. The NEW was the most noticeable without being too hidden at different viewing heights. If you don't make out what it is, use Identify to list it. Clicking over the icon usually makes it #1 on the list.

quote:

One other thing: Can you add to the Search screen a "Search from Home Coords" so I can add the other filters (cache type, only unfound) easily?

Not sure what you mean. Need more input.

smile.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location