Change Username Case

HEADLANDERS

(You could try a different spelling, eg Head-Landers.)

Geocaching.com usernames aren't case sensitive, so Headlanders and HEADLANDERS can't exist at the same time as two separate members. The website doesn't realize you're changing the capitalization of your name, it thinks you're entering the same name, which of course is already in use (by you). You'll have to email contact@Groundspeak.com and get them to change it for you.

(You could try a different spelling, eg Head-Landers.)

Geocaching.com usernames aren't case sensitive, so Headlanders and HEADLANDERS can't exist at the same time as two separate members. The website doesn't realize you're changing the capitalization of your name, it thinks you're entering the same name, which of course is already in use (by you). You'll have to email contact@Groundspeak.com and get them to change it for you.

I understand. Thanks for the replies.

You can change your name to something random, let's say asdfghjklqwertyuizxcvbnm, and then change it back, using the right capitalization.
Yep, although IIRC users are limited to one self-service name change, so the "change it back" step requires Groundspeak help. But since Groundspeak lackeys aren't limited to one name change, they can do both steps for you.
You can change your name to something random, let's say asdfghjklqwertyuizxcvbnm, and then change it back, using the right capitalization.
Yep, although IIRC users are limited to one self-service name change, so the "change it back" step requires Groundspeak help. But since Groundspeak lackeys aren't limited to one name change, they can do both steps for you.

I thought that was changed some time ago, but I can't find the reference right now. However as an experiment I changed one of my socks to a new name and was able to change it back without poking the frog.