Bluetooth GPS for Blackberry

RubyandCo

I've used them on my android and I can recommend them, well they are far better than the GPS on my phone!!

The issue is more what drivers you can get for the blackberry as you will need to communicate from your GPS app to the unit. There are several android ones, but hopefully someone can point you to a blackberry version :)

Does anyone have experience of small GPS Bluetooth Units - seen this offered on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GLOBALSAT-BLUETOOTH-GPS-RECEIVER-NEW-/320672337532?pt=UK_CE_GPS_Accessories_Software_ET&hash=item4aa98f8e7c#ht_500wt_922 and didn't want to get something if they are not adequate.... Thanks

I have used both a Keychain GPS receiver and a CoPilot (BT359). The keychain one was fantastic for convenience (I literally kept it on my keyring) but it would only get me within about 10 metres. The CoPilot was fantastic for accuracy, absolutely spot on. My wife's Curve 8520 works fine with a bluetooth receiver (I've given her the Keychain one to use with CacheSense).

Edited by insx

I have a Curve 8520 too which works well with a bluetooth GPS.

Cachesense is a great app - but I tend to mainly use my Garmin Etrex to cover the GPS side of things, and BB/Cachesense for logging finds and for checking previous logs the hint.

I'm not too sure what battery life I would get from the BB & GPS unit ? one to test when both are fully charged

I'm not too sure what battery life I would get from the BB & GPS unit ? one to test when both are fully charged

The CoPilot is good for over 10 hours. It's the phone that lets it down, maybe 2 or 3 hours depending on whether or not you turn the screen off whenever possible.

The CoPilot is good for over 10 hours. It's the phone that lets it down, maybe 2 or 3 hours depending on whether or not you turn the screen off whenever possible.

Thanks for the info - at least my Etrex is reasonable on the batteries, so will keep to using BB/Etrex together

Cheers