Searching for trackables...

Admittedly, I don't know how to work all of the member features yet. I am heading out on a roadtrip, and want to move lots of trackables both to and from my destination. Is there a way I can search for caches with inventory, and exclude ones that don't have trackables listed?

Yes.

Pocket Queries. http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.aspx

The That (And) box has the option to mark Have Travel Bugs

However...

Just because the cache is marked as having a Trackable, doesn't mean there is one there.

And.

The most excellent site: http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm has everything you ever wanted to know about PQ's, but were afraid to ask!

Edited by Bear and Ragged

Admittedly, I don't know how to work all of the member features yet. I am heading out on a roadtrip, and want to move lots of trackables both to and from my destination. Is there a way I can search for caches with inventory, and exclude ones that don't have trackables listed?

Of course, the answer is GSAK. Run a Cache-Along-A-Route PQ of where you wish to go, and use GSAK to filter those caches that have TBs listed as currently present. Of course, this isn't fail-safe, as many trackables are lost or mis-logged, but a very good bet for targeting those caches most likely to have trackables. Good luck!

Biggest obstacle to ANY type of search regarding trackables in caches, is that many will not be there as advertised -- and yes, the searches pick up on them for that same reason.

Reasons for this are numerous and most of the problems could be corrected, but it hasn't in the past and I don't expect anything exciting in the future.

Do what you can, just don't expect a lot. Sorry.