GSAK list

I am taking a trip and I created to pocket queries based on my route. I have unzipped them and loaded them into gsak. But when I open gsak it has all of the way points from previous queries. Does anyone know how I can get just the trip pockets queries to show up in gsak so I can print out the list and take it with me? Also I only want to download those geocaches that are along my route into my nuvi gps is there an easier way than printing out the pocket queries list from geocaching.com and finding the name or codes in gsak and placing a check mark by it to load in gps. I know this probably sounds confusing but I really need help quickly I am leaving tommorrow.

I am taking a trip and I created to pocket queries based on my route. I have unzipped them and loaded them into gsak. But when I open gsak it has all of the way points from previous queries. Does anyone know how I can get just the trip pockets queries to show up in gsak so I can print out the list and take it with me? Also I only want to download those geocaches that are along my route into my nuvi gps is there an easier way than printing out the pocket queries list from geocaching.com and finding the name or codes in gsak and placing a check mark by it to load in gps. I know this probably sounds confusing but I really need help quickly I am leaving tommorrow.

Sure... when you load your pocket query, there is a checkbox on the first screen that comes up that, when checked, will clear all previous pocket queries.

There is also a dropdown on that same screen that allows you to select a database. If you don't want to overwrite your default database, create one just for the trip, and select that as the one to load the data into.

Have fun on your trip!

I have already loaded them into gsak. Should I load them again? and where exactly do I check the box on the first screen? and by doing this will I totally lose all previous pocket queries? I am really new to using gsak.

Yes, load them again.

If you don't want to lose previous pocket queries, then you will first want to create a new database (Database menu, New... option) and select that when loading your trip PQ.

The checkbox I was referring to is on the Load GPX/LOC/ZIP File window, labelled "Clear database before loading"

You might have one other option. Try this first with the ones that you have already loaded:

Go to the Filters screen, Dates tab. Select On or After for the "Last update GPX" dropdown and enter the date that you loaded the trip PQ. Hit the "GO" button.

Edited by knowschad

I suggest going to the GSAK forums for more detailed help. From GSAK, go to Help => GSAK Support Forum.

Also, I suggest using the GSAK filter Arc/Poly tab. At the bottom is a button for the "GSAK polygon/arc drawing tool". Use it, it's great for setting up a bounding box or route to filter caches on. I make heavy use of that.